Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait an hour and check again. Prices change all the time. It’ll be under the $55k cap again once Tesla clears out the initial demand

While I agree that the Ultra Red configuration will eventually get back down under the $55K EV credit limit, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Historically, spring & summer are when automobile sale volumes are at their highest… at least for most manufacturers. So, I think demand will continue to rise (or least remain high) for several months. Should taper off and drop by late fall into winter, and that is when a price drop is more likely.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
While I agree that the Ultra Red configuration will eventually get back down under the $55K EV credit limit, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon. Historically, spring & summer are when automobile sale volumes are at their highest… at least for most manufacturers. So, I think demand will continue to rise (or least remain high) for several months. Should taper off and drop by late fall into winter, and that is when a price drop is more likely.
This is Tesla we're talking about. Their demand is only going to fall further.

Wait, are you applying logic to Tesla's pricing strategy? :)

Which is when I’m buying the ultra red config 😁 but also don’t overestimate Tesla demand right now. It’s the lowest it’s been in years

Reactions: GreenHokie
I went to see the 2024 Model 3 Performance in person. Obviously watching videos can only do so much, so when I found out there was one on display not too far from my older son's school in Palo Alto, CA I went to check it out. It looks really sharp in my opinion. Love the way the front lip is integrated with the front bumper, and gives it a subtle aggression. On the back end the combo of the slightly bigger rear spoiler and that rear diffuser, really set it apart from it's SR and LR siblings, in a subtle but aggressive way that works really well with the lines of the car. The seats, to me, are much better bolstered, but they feel slightly firmer compared to the softer seats of my 2023 M3P. Overall I'm a fan of it's looks, obviously it's not available for test drives just yet. Sorry I only had my phone to film, not my fancy camera. 🙂

I just watched your clip on YT and came here to post lol
These videos just keep getting more and more excited ... especially for the UR.
Thanks for the upload.

Just sold my 22 M3P today since I didn't want to take the chance of it dropping while I wait.
Driving a camry for the next 4-6 weeks should really make this thing feel like a rocket.
Did you sell your 2022 private party or to one of the dealers?

Reactions: jhoov915
Did you sell your 2022 private party or to one of the dealers?

22 M3P
35k miles
Pretty good condition
Owed 30.5k on it, as I made 12k on my 2020 M3P back in the good old days that carmax was buying leases and rolled that into this 22.

I had aftermarket wheels, extremely dark tints on all windows and windshield, carbon fiber parts on interior, etc.
So I knew Tesla wouldn't take it like that and their offers are low.

Went to carmax and they offered 28k, which I was considering since I didn't have to deal with any other trade in issues/aftermarket stuff.

Then Carvana showed 30k and was ready to press the submit button but I didn't check "aftermarket items" when doing the online appraisal and just worried they would pick it up and then I would hear about it a week later with a price reduction and be stuck.

Went to Autobuy, which is pretty big in Florida. They first said carvana was a joke and they would never pay the 30k they offered. Went back and forth and then they offered $30,300. Done. Wrote a check for a little over $200 (including fees) and not having to worry about aftermarket issues and/or the market changing (most likely dropping) in the next 6 weeks was worth it.

It was a great car but can't wait for my ultra red M3P.

I went to see the 2024 Model 3 Performance in person. Obviously watching videos can only do so much, so when I found out there was one on display not too far from my older son's school in Palo Alto, CA I went to check it out. It looks really sharp in my opinion. Love the way the front lip is integrated with the front bumper, and gives it a subtle aggression. On the back end the combo of the slightly bigger rear spoiler and that rear diffuser, really set it apart from it's SR and LR siblings, in a subtle but aggressive way that works really well with the lines of the car. The seats, to me, are much better bolstered, but they feel slightly firmer compared to the softer seats of my 2023 M3P. Overall I'm a fan of it's looks, obviously it's not available for test drives just yet. Sorry I only had my phone to film, not my fancy camera. 🙂

That red really does look good. Looks a lot like my old '07 Yamaha R6.

Reactions: adizon
That red really does look good. Looks a lot like my old '07 Yamaha R6.

The Ultra-Red on this model is the first Red color I've liked since my '88 Pontiac Fiero. :) Just not a 'red' guy, but THIS red, for whatever reason, really made me think hard.

Eventually went with blue, but the red was a very, very close 2nd. I am 'kinda' glad that sexy quicksilver wasn't an option, or I'd probably still be trying to decide between the three colors! :)

Reactions: ChuckM3P
The brakes look exactly the same diameter, disk and caliper than previous gen. Just a pad change. Lots of 18's will fit, even the aero. I was able to fit 18's aero on MPP 355mm disks and P calipers with a 15mm spacer.
I've seen older posts on the forum here that the Tesla 18" aero wheels won't fit on the M3P unless you grind the calipers down a little bit. Is is possible to fit them without doing that? Do the spacers help the wheel barrel clear the caliper?

22 M3P
35k miles
Pretty good condition
Owed 30.5k on it, as I made 12k on my 2020 M3P back in the good old days that carmax was buying leases and rolled that into this 22.

I had aftermarket wheels, extremely dark tints on all windows and windshield, carbon fiber parts on interior, etc.
So I knew Tesla wouldn't take it like that and their offers are low.

Went to carmax and they offered 28k, which I was considering since I didn't have to deal with any other trade in issues/aftermarket stuff.

Then Carvana showed 30k and was ready to press the submit button but I didn't check "aftermarket items" when doing the online appraisal and just worried they would pick it up and then I would hear about it a week later with a price reduction and be stuck.

Went to Autobuy, which is pretty big in Florida. They first said carvana was a joke and they would never pay the 30k they offered. Went back and forth and then they offered $30,300. Done. Wrote a check for a little over $200 (including fees) and not having to worry about aftermarket issues and/or the market changing (most likely dropping) in the next 6 weeks was worth it.

It was a great car but can't wait for my ultra red M3P.
Congrats! That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Thanks for letting us know how the selling process went.

Reactions: Lindenwood
I've seen older posts on the forum here that the Tesla 18" aero wheels won't fit on the M3P unless you grind the calipers down a little bit. Is is possible to fit them without doing that? Do the spacers help the wheel barrel clear the caliper?
I was running MPP Page Mill disks in standard M3P sizes (355mm) + M3P calipers and Bonoss 15mm spacers on mine with Aero wheels for every day use absolutely no problem. No grinding necessary at all. I know that the MPP disks are slightly different than the standard ones (and way better heat management + lighter) vs offset.