Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hallelujah. Holy sheesh. They fixed it. The ambient lights that were woefully cockeyed are now straight as an arrow.

Before in daylight. After in blue!

Don’t let anyone tell you your lights are within spec. If they’re misaligned they can be fixed. And I checked all around the inside and outside of the doors and nothing else was thrown off to achieve the result.
Yay
View attachment 1047223View attachment 1047224View attachment 1047225View attachment 1047226
Can I ask which service center this was? It seems like some are unwilling to try to fix it.

Ugh I was afraid of that. I hope you have others around that you can try.
I picked the car up at the newest service center in my area. I’ve done test drives at the other service center and I told them that the car I was test driving had misaligned lights and they told me they are within specs. I have one more service center I can try.

- learn how to use the front door emergency door release from inside.
- learn how to use the emergency charge port/charger release pull tab in the trunk (driver's side above cubby)
- get a slime/inflator combo tire emergency kit. this came in super helpful last Sunday for my son and it worked very well as described. imo a must-have since there's no spare in Teslas and most EVs. Extremely invaluable in a pinch, particularly in situations when you don't have cell signal to call for help.

Most importantly, enjoy your M3 Highland LR!

Thank you. I pick her up tomorrow. I will get the emergency tire kit! I did not realize there was no spare tire!

Just wanted to share some pics of the refresh with tsportline 20 inch/ window tint . I looked for some pics before i ordered and couldn’t find any. Thought this would be helpful for you guys waiting and thinking about changing the tires.

Attachments

• IMG_5720.jpeg
    IMG_5720.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5722.png
    IMG_5722.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5715.jpeg
    IMG_5715.jpeg
    981.5 KB · Views: 4
Can I ask which service center this was? It seems like some are unwilling to try to fix it.
Eatontown NJ
I brought it in originally and they said they could not fix. they were within spec.

They just don’t want to do it. I suggest anyone who’s been told so to push. Get a manager involved.
In spec is unacceptable answer for this issue. they’re either straight or not. It shouldn’t even need to be an unpleasant exchange. Show them the post…tell them to call eatontown. Have them call me 😀j/k.

It’s unfortunate that you have to spend time and energy pushing people to do what is right, but it’s definitley worth it. Straight lights look awesome. Crooked ones look dumb and cheap.

Today? Please let us know how the LED alignment at the front doors are. It seems the service center can fix it now but I’m curious if the new ones are coming out of the factory fixed or not.
Could be worse. I'm fine with the alignment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.55.03 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.55.03 AM.png
    694.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.54.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 8.54.50 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I'm starting to regret my decision to buy. Being jerked around by the Savannah, GA location. Recap: On DD, they told me it threw an airbag sensor fault and could not deliver in that condition due to it being a safety related issue. Had to wait for part order. Latest is I spoke with a Service tech on Monday the 13th, who told me they were expecting the part in Tuesday of this week, and it would be ready by Wednesday or Thursday (today). Then the Sales rep texted me and said the part came in on Monday and that the team was working on the car.

Wednesday, I reached out for a status check, as I have to make work and travel arrangements to get the car and they said the work would be started Thursday (today). I said I thought it would be Monday. His response to that was "It was expedited", which I'm sure bro felt good about himself, thinking he was doing me a solid.... until I showed him the text where he said it was being worked on this past Monday.

It's now almost 8:30 PM Thursday and I ain't heard s***. Down payment was made 4/26. Full coverage insurance started 4/20. I still haven't seen the car.

To say I'm pissed off would be an epic understatement.

I just got a text to set up a new pick up time for my car, so I'm not as salty as I was when I first set out to make this post. Still, I think it might be some good information to arm yourself with if you ever find yourself in the "in spec" predicament.

I keep reading about some of your experiences with the SC telling you a misaligned light strip, or any other messed up cosmetic item is "in spec" and it really gets in my craw. For context, I'm a Manufacturing Engineer for a very large production company, so I speak Engineering-ese, and I'm here to tell you that's as BS an answer as can be.

Before I get into this, let me just clarify that I don't know any of Tesla's specific policies, so what I am going to say is in the context of general manufacturing and engineering processes for a consumer-level product.

The term "In spec" likely refers to the margin of error that exists in the engineering specifications. Generally, for a product to be acceptable, it has to match the 3 F's-- Fit, Form, and Function. It should fit correctly in the configuration that it is installed, the form should follow whatever engineering guidelines are established, and of course it needs to work, or function. For structural components, there can be some variance in the first two, Fit & form, as long as it functions within engineering design specifications. However, when you're talking about a cosmetic item like the light strip, all three F's have equal weight. If it doesn't fit and follow the form of it's installation position, it falls short of the aesthetic expectations a customer will have, regardless of whether or not it actually functions.

So when you tell the SC that your light strip is misaligned and they say it is "in spec", your reply should be that it does not meet your expectations for cosmetic appearance and aesthetics and as such is defective. Stand your ground and be the ultimate Manager-contacting Karen if you have to. It doesn't matter if it meets engineering specs. If it's a cosmetic item and it's ugly, it's unacceptable. Period.

I just got a text to set up a new pick up time for my car, so I'm not as salty as I was when I first set out to make this post. Still, I think it might be some good information to arm yourself with if you ever find yourself in the "in spec" predicament.

I keep reading about some of your experiences with the SC telling you a misaligned light strip, or any other messed up cosmetic item is "in spec" and it really gets in my craw. For context, I'm a Manufacturing Engineer for a very large production company, so I speak Engineering-ese, and I'm here to tell you that's as BS an answer as can be.

Before I get into this, let me just clarify that I don't know any of Tesla's specific policies, so what I am going to say is in the context of general manufacturing and engineering processes for a consumer-level product.

The term "In spec" likely refers to the margin of error that exists in the engineering specifications. Generally, for a product to be acceptable, it has to match the 3 F's-- Fit, Form, and Function. It should fit correctly in the configuration that it is installed, the form should follow whatever engineering guidelines are established, and of course it needs to work, or function. For structural components, there can be some variance in the first two, Fit & form, as long as it functions within engineering design specifications. However, when you're talking about a cosmetic item like the light strip, all three F's have equal weight. If it doesn't fit and follow the form of it's installation position, it falls short of the aesthetic expectations a customer will have, regardless of whether or not it actually functions.

So when you tell the SC that your light strip is misaligned and they say it is "in spec", your reply should be that it does not meet your expectations for cosmetic appearance and aesthetics and as such is defective. Stand your ground and be the ultimate Manager-contacting Karen if you have to. It doesn't matter if it meets engineering specs. If it's a cosmetic item and it's ugly, it's unacceptable. Period.
What do you do if after all your Karen-ing they say that there’s nothing they can do. What’s the next step? Threaten lawsuit?

What do you do if after all your Karen-ing they say that there’s nothing they can do. What’s the next step? Threaten lawsuit?
If you have to. There is no excuse for this to be waved off as an acceptable manufacturing variable. If you're financing, get the financing company involved. After all, it's their car until you pay it off. But the most effective time to do it is at delivery. Refuse delivery until it's fixed.

Reactions: luginewo
If you have to. There is no excuse for this to be waved off as an acceptable manufacturing variable. If you're financing, get the financing company involved. After all, it's their car until you pay it off. But the most effective time to do it is at delivery. Refuse delivery until it's fixed.
Getting worked up like this will not help at delivery day (today?). However, keep the eagle eye pealed during inspection. Also, Tesla is busy. So keep in mind that asking them to correct a simple thing may take days. If it can be corrected by the buyer, like adhesive on the paint, easily then DIY it. If there's something that only the SC can fix then be prepared for rejection or some days in the shop.

Here's a pre-congratulations on a smooth delivery!

Reactions: Whitezoid