Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to see something definitive on the LR and the tax credit. If that's for real, I'm changing my order to LR, of course.
It is being mentioned automakers now have to reapply to be approved, so it may take some time to see anything definitive. And keep in mind the IRA's stealth tax AGI phase out limitations, so not all EV buyers are treated equal. This may be why Tesla includes the cool stealth grey color as free as an offset to the confusing changing EV Tax Credit rules.

Reactions: evfangirl
It is being mentioned automakers now have to reapply to be approved, so it may take some time to see anything definitive. And keep in mind the IRA's stealth tax AGI phase out limitations, so not all EV buyers are treated equal. This may be why Tesla includes the cool stealth grey color as free as an offset to the confusing changing EV Tax Credit rules.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 5.51.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 5.51.47 PM.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 8
White on White LR in Irvine, CA! I probably now would like to gotten this 18" then my 19"... cheaper and longer range... :(

View attachment 1044164
WTF... This is my exact configuration. So someone just browsing the Tesla site can order this and probably pick it up in a few days. Meanwhile I ordered on Jan 10th and I'm still waiting for a VIN?

Currently have two orders, one being my 1/10 LR that I switched to performance same specs, and one I placed right when performance was announced.

LR->Perf still at the old LR EDD of 7/4-8/15
Perf ordered day of announcement went from June to May 14 - June 11.

Makes no sense but I’ll take it! Both orders are exact same specs, gray with white.

WTF... This is my exact configuration. So someone just browsing the Tesla site can order this and probably pick it up in a few days. Meanwhile I ordered on Jan 10th and I'm still waiting for a VIN?
well this is in Irvine So. Cal I see you are in Bay area? But ya, I would definitely browse the "Inventory" section often, that was how I got my EARLY although I ordered RWD, couldn't wait so I got the LR... :) Very happy with it! My RWD was dated June 2 to June 30th (I ordered on March 7th), but saw it they had the exactly same one I want in Inventory (except is LR) so I just went ahead got it last Friday...

Checked the app one last time before going to sleep and noticed something new. That's a VIN!

OD: Jan 16
Long Range, Ultra Red, White, 18 wheels
Bay Area, CA
EDD: May 5 - May 11 (was Jun 25 - Jun 30)

🎉
Got the car delivered to me the same day I got a VIN :) Took some pictures to share with you all.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

P.S: this thing smells nice inside

Attachments

• IMG_8282.JPEG
    IMG_8282.JPEG
    931.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8286.JPEG
    IMG_8286.JPEG
    844.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8288.JPEG
    IMG_8288.JPEG
    240.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8289.JPEG
    IMG_8289.JPEG
    362.6 KB · Views: 6
The Treasury Department broadened eligibility on Friday to possibly include the AWD Model 3 for 2024 but seemed to backtrack later in the day. It’s unclear so far. Anyway, if my gamble doesn’t pay off, I get AWD, a better sound system, a lithium-ion battery (which I prefer), and I actually get the car delivered. I’ll be happy either way.