Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, very much so. Remember, the top of wheel/tires are traveling at TWICE the road speed of your car, so at 70 mph the top is at 140 mph relative to the wind. And there are four tires/wheels, so it DOES have a drag impact.

Perhaps it's even more than suggested in this test (it was run on an oval and the impact of the wheel covers was partially muted by that variable):

My car is paid for, ready to go, I'm just waiting for Tesla to find a carrier for home delivery which is extra painful lol

I've thought about flying and driving back, but I don't think I would actually save money versus the delivery cost, and any day I'm not dealing with airports and cabs is a good day.
If you’re looking for validation you don’t need to make sense of it. Go for it

And here I sit like a chump on the sideline with my VIN sitting in the sun on the lot (post #102,805). Rockville MD refuses to deliver until seatbelt inspection and software update is done. Any ideas how to convince them otherwise? I think because the computer says so, it must be true, our hands are tied. Maybe they had to fire most of their deployment staff, but they're not saying that. Maybe it needs more repairs, but they're not saying that. When I visited mid-afternoon last week, there were zero deliveries happening. Weird.
I had this same problem with delivery of my Model S Plaid. I even went in the day prior to verify I was on schedule. They hit me with the above seat belt issue. It delayed things over the weekend, so about 3 days. I believe the issue is with the seat belt pre-tensioner. They probably inspect that part of the seat belt, then update software to fix the issue. It just requires a little time on their part, but if they are busy or short staffed, you get hosed.

Gray/White Plaid

5/26 Order Date

Was May/June. Today is the first date range: June 21-30
Couldn’t wait. Switched to black interior and grabbed an inventory car last week. Had to use the messaging feature in the app a few times to get my trade-in valued and then to get delivery scheduled, but everything went well. The Kennesaw, GA SC was very busy, but the staff was working hard to make it work. Love the sport seats!

Couldn’t wait. Switched to black interior and grabbed an inventory car last week. Had to use the messaging feature in the app a few times to get my trade-in valued and then to get delivery scheduled, but everything went well. The Kennesaw, GA SC was very busy, but the staff was working hard to make it work. Love the sport seats!
By any chance did you have an S with the regular seats for comparison? I’m wondering how the sport seats compare in comfort, width as well as function of the ventilation.

By any chance did you have an S with the regular seats for comparison? I’m wondering how the sport seats compare in comfort, width as well as function of the ventilation.
I have a 2022 S and I’ve sat in the sport seats. The lateral bolstering still felt very wide apart. I’m 5’11 and 190 and I workout so my back is wide and I still slide some side to side. They also felt more stiff than the regular seats. However this could have been a “break in” issue where they weren’t broken in yet. However they look fantastic. Thigh bolstering is way better.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 2
Unfortunately, no. I haven’t been in an S before this in a few years. They are much firmer than the standards seats in my previous model 3. Width is on the wide end of perfect for me (5’11”, 190, not so fit). My parents are a bit bigger than me and complained it was a little tight.

Ventilation is noticeable when it kicks in - like sitting on or against a piece of ice. I’ve got nothing to compare it to, though.

I have had 4 or 5 different oem sport seats over the years (BMW, Nissan Z, Honda (Recaro). Of all the seats I have tried, these are definitely some of them.

Lot's of Model S demo vehicles in Tesla inventory, normal for end of quarter or think we are pending updates?
I think they compile a set of demos to get them ready for end of quarter sales.

For example in Dallas, there are no Model S demo drives available until July 3rd and it's been like this for weeks. I think Tesla grabs them all to prepare to get rid of them soon.

I have a 2022 S and I’ve sat in the sport seats. The lateral bolstering still felt very wide apart. I’m 5’11 and 190 and I workout so my back is wide and I still slide some side to side. They also felt more stiff than the regular seats. However this could have been a “break in” issue where they weren’t broken in yet. However they look fantastic. Thigh bolstering is way better.
I really need to reserve judgement until I sit in them in person but from that picture the only difference I see to the old seats is more thigh bolstering. Obvious they look a lot better.

Reactions: zoomer0056