Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y At fault front bumper repair - Go with insurance claims or pay out of pocket?? Quoted $5.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a small accident with my new Model Y where I damaged my bumper. Took it to the tesla collision center and they quoted me $5.5k to fix everything.
I am paying $97/month with Tesla insurance. Wanted to check if anyone had experience in how much did your insurance go up after making a claim. I am leaning towards paying as my deductible is $1k and I fear my insurance will go up and I will end up paying more over a long period of time instead of paying $5.5k up front. Wanted to get your thoughts and experience. Thanks!!!

My little parking lot bump creased the rear hatch. Bid's averaged about $6K. I decided to use my insurance since I never had a claim since 1973. What a mistake. In the 3 years since the accident my auto insurance went up about 3X.

I suggest talking to one of the dent pulling companies to try. One dent puller looked at pictures and said he could have done the work for about $200.