Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall Install not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had two powerwall 2s installed. I wasn't home when they did the install. Since adding the gateway to my app, I've noticed that the powerwalls don't charge. I set it to 100% backup and had high solar generation and no energy would go to the powerwalls. Is there something the installers had to do to "activate" charging on the powerwalls? I went through the app troubleshooting, reset everything, solid green light on the powerwalls, ensured all breakers were on, and still won't charge. I'm going to contact my installer tomorrow but if there was an easy fix I'd take care of it myself.

What is your current app screen showing during then solar production? What does your app show during the evening when the sun is down and you are living your best life (with lots of stuff on)
What is the current state of charge of the ESS?

Try flipping your main breaker or going off grid, does the behavior change within 15 minutes and the ESS start charging?

Is the breaker for your powerwall gateway on?
Yes. I also went through resetting everything and turning all the breakers and powerwalls off and on.
What is your current app screen showing during then solar production? What does your app show during the evening when the sun is down and you are living your best life (with lots of stuff on)
What is the current state of charge of the ESS?

Try flipping your main breaker or going off grid, does the behavior change within 15 minutes and the ESS start charging?
This is what my app shows during production. It shows the same thing when the sun is down, except energy is flowing from grid to house.

It says I can't go off grid because the powerwall state of charge is too low.

Attachments

• 13A92B10-7436-45CE-B21A-89E8EAA28DF6.PNG
    13A92B10-7436-45CE-B21A-89E8EAA28DF6.PNG
    454.5 KB · Views: 6
Getting the powerwall disconnected message consistently now. I suspect there is an issue with the wiring from the gateway to the powerwalls. I've opened and closed all the breakers multiple times without success. Guess I'll need to get the installer back out here.

Reactions: Matt-FL
Yes. I also went through resetting everything and turning all the breakers and powerwalls off and on.

This is what my app shows during production. It shows the same thing when the sun is down, except energy is flowing from grid to house.

It says I can't go off grid because the powerwall state of charge is too low.
Something is definitely wrong, as it is extremely unlikely that your house has zero usage.