Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forget but do VINs show up just overnight in like a batch process or can they during day anytime?
Mine appeared mid day.. they called to let me know it was ready.. I was one of those people who checked every 10 minutes for weeks straight and still got the call before it showed in the app.. so don’t bother constantly refreshing hahaha.. also it’s not showing on the main page of the app only once I click the blue vehicle details button

Picked her up today.. straight to the window tint shop.. back in again Friday for the windshield

Attachments

• IMG_9696.jpeg
    IMG_9696.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9697.jpeg
    IMG_9697.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    919.1 KB · Views: 4
I’ll ask here. Anyone using a credit union or their own financing? I’ve purchased through Tesla before. I always use the financing option they give me. It’s usually about the same rate. Maybe a .1-.5 difference. Has anyone found a lower rate that’s actually a percentage point? Like 1% lower? The options I had was 6% for 72 months & 7% for 84 months. The last time I saw a 7% car loan rate. Was in 2007. 😆 Wow. I know the Fed rate is 5.5%. So 6% maybe the best I can get now. I have Good Credit / semi great.

I’ll ask here. Anyone using a credit union or their own financing? I’ve purchased through Tesla before. I always use the financing option they give me. It’s usually about the same rate. Maybe a .1-.5 difference. Has anyone found a lower rate that’s actually a percentage point? Like 1% lower? The options I had was 6% for 72 months & 7% for 84 months. The last time I saw a 7% car loan rate. Was in 2007. 😆 Wow. I know the Fed rate is 5.5%. So 6% maybe the best I can get now. I have Good Credit / semi great.
I've gone with Houston Federal in the past.

CleanShot 2024-05-02 at 08.44.27@2x.png

Reactions: Jones1
I wonder if it is still a 3 month wait from Order to Vin. It would be 2 months for me if I do get it in June for my Birthday. 🥳
2.5 months for me order -VIN... that includes the recall delay of a couple weeks... i guess it matters delivery location also .. for example there are not that many CT yet in NY/NJ metro area

Reactions: travwill and Jones1
2.5 months for me order -VIN... that includes the recall delay of a couple weeks... i guess it matters delivery location also .. for example there are not that many CT yet in NY/NJ metro area
I’m wondering if location has something to do with it as well. I ordered on April 26th and got my VIN today. Located in Iowa. I wonder how long from VIN until delivery being scheduled?

I may be having glitches with my Tesla app. Nothing new. But when I swipe over to the CT section of the app. It’s a long number without letters. After a few seconds. It goes back to my RN number and CyberTruck shows back up.

1714773458479.png

How long from Order to Vin ?
I’m trying to get my Bitcoin Ready. 😆
Its always the same for me on all my teslas that are bought years in advance…. Within 90 days of order… i placed the order on 2/13/24 and the reservation was the morning after reveal in 2019. Trying to figure out how the heck people are selling so many. Just noticed yesterday how many are out there for sale

Its always the same for me on all my teslas that are bought years in advance…. Within 90 days of order… i placed the order on 2/13/24 and the reservation was the morning after reveal in 2019. Trying to figure out how the heck people are selling so many. Just noticed yesterday how many are out there for sale
Thanks. I ordered my Model Y Performance. Waited 6 months. Watching the price go up by $12k. Then I got a VIN. But I don’t remember how long it was from VIN to down payment.
So I started getting ready this week after I put the order in. I was thinking it would be June. You never know with Tesla and a New product ramp.
Yeah I guess they found away out of the Flip Penalty. That Tesla put in place. Or they are willing to go to court for a profit.