Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S/X Palladium Motorized Screen Tilt Kit

Which kit would you prefer? See post for details.

• Mechanical

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Switches

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Simple Integration

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Full Integration

Votes: 65 61.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ther

yes it does
Then it has to be related to where those bolts screw in. Make sure they are going in the right holes. It is a bit difficult getting the holes to line up while pressing the display flat (don’t push too hard). I’m wondering if the passenger side bolt missed its hole. That would be enough to tilt toward you as you described.

Reactions: leecox
I looked at Reid's video, I notice no bolt in the v section needed, although I see it in the directions. Also do you need to loosen the arms on the motorized assembly or can you install it as is? I see you can loosen the arms with an allen wrench

Last edited:
I looked at Reid's video, I notice no bolt in the v section needed, although I see it in the directions. Also do you need to loosen the arms on the motorized assembly or can you install it as is? I see you can loosen the arms with an allen wrench
Definitely no bolt in the v section. It is empty now with the current design.

Do not loosen the arms. They should be installed as they came from Tesla.

Reactions: leecox
I've decided to try to find someone to install the motors and left body controller. I am slowly damaging the car as I work on it (clips being bent), plastic tab being broken). Anyone in the south orange county, CA area (Laguna Niguel)? .. or will Tesla install these parts but just not turn on the tilt feature( I have someone to do that once the parts are installed).

I've decided to try to find someone to install the motors and left body controller. I am slowly damaging the car as I work on it (clips being bent), plastic tab being broken). Anyone in the south orange county, CA area (Laguna Niguel)? .. or will Tesla install these parts but just not turn on the tilt feature( I have someone to do that once the parts are installed).
If you have a good relationship with your SC I would try them first. They won't turn on the tilt feature but they may install the parts. Won't hurt to stop by and ask.

Reactions: lb92677
I talked to Tesla today and simply requested them to install two parts which I already purchased as a service request and I have an appointment. They will correctly install the motor which I tried to install and install the left controller assembly which is more difficult.
Please post how this works out.

I talked to Tesla today and simply requested them to install two parts which I already purchased as a service request and I have an appointment. They will correctly install the motor which I tried to install and install the left controller assembly which is more difficult.
Excellent. Will avoid you from having to not expose your upper body to your significant other like I have to.

All that contorting my right side against the door sill to get the old vcleft out and he new one in without breaking any connector has formed a nice huge sore on my right side that if I were to show to my wife she would get hugely mad at me.

I believe her exact words would be “what the fvck is wrong with you”!