Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon's talking a lot and saying very little... nothing new... hyperbole that we've all heard before...

Last year's meeting was exciting, this is dull as dishwater

He'll start talking about electric boats and sharks at this rate...
Main new point for me was comment Foundation Series would stop soon, and regular versions available next quarter, realize that’s relevant only to a sub-section of US buyers. Trying to figure out what if anything the comment meant as I’m teetering on the verge of ordering an FS.

Main new point for me was comment Foundation Series would stop soon, and regular versions available next quarter, realize that’s relevant only to a sub-section of US buyers. Trying to figure out what if anything the comment meant as I’m teetering on the verge of ordering an FS.
If you want it now get FS. They're almost done going through the entire reservation list and then they'll likely start from the very beginning orders. By year end they should get to 2k+ cybertrucks produced per week from the current ~1000/week production. Extrapolate from there how long it'll take for you to get your cybertruck.

Fwiw I ordered my FS beginning of May and still haven't received a VIN so it isn't like they're just sitting on lots unwanted. I know I want another one and just yesterday ordered a second AWD with the belief that it will likely be several years before it's even available.

If you want it now get FS. They're almost done going through the entire reservation list and then they'll likely start from the very beginning orders. By year end they should get to 2k+ cybertrucks produced per week from the current ~1000/week production. Extrapolate from there how long it'll take for you to get your cybertruck.

Fwiw I ordered my FS beginning of May and still haven't received a VIN so it isn't like they're just sitting on lots unwanted. I know I want another one and just yesterday ordered a second AWD with the belief that it will likely be several years before it's even available.
I never got my invite plus many others. They most likely just went through the early pre order lists as they are more likely to order as fanatics and they had a production goal rate in mind before allowing people to pick their trim.

I was so excited for this meeting but it had to be the most boring, uninspired, useless discussion from almost everyone on stage today, including Elon.

I was hoping to learn something, and all we got was drivel. He might have said he loved us, but ALL HE wanted was the Pay Package approved.

I hope WS viewed this differently, and we will see tomorrow, but jeez, there was nothing in that talk that wanted me to continue my investment in TSLA.
Elon started the Optimus pump and praised ARK for their 'most accurate' robotaxi valuation. Elon said $25T valuation for optimus + $5T for autonomous cars.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
3% a week 🤯. I would like to see some of your trades to see what I am missing.
I am really just selling cash-covered puts with a long term objective of acquiring. My goal is 30% assignment, but it has only been about 10% assignment which improves the statistic.

I have bailed on a few contracts when I shouldn't have, so I am far from perfect-- but my goal is to let the puts expire worthless or be assigned and rarely cover.

Most of my gains are from NVDA this year, which has been special situation.

My strategy is pretty simple: build a ladder of -P spread out 2-3 months and enjoy theta decay. I set a target number of contracts to write, and I ease in to them over time. Again, my execution is far from perfect, but I write contracts that net a credit of about 35% of my cash at any point in time, which works out to about 5% exposure per week average. The delta between contracted exposure and gains is what I close early or get assigned on. I pivot to -C when my cash is lower than my target, and I avoid selling when IV is "low".

My friend order his FS months ago and still no VIN. I know people that reserved years ago and still don't have an invite. I think they would be crazy to stop FS until every person on the reservation list has received an invite.
Most likely they're anticipating completing the FS invitations in the next 3 months, and they'll alow order completion of non FSD after that while still building and fulfilling FS orders. Anything else doesn't make sense. This is the options page so I'll just leave it at that.

The only options play I made was a few days ago on a July 12th +$195c. Not strong conviction so just did the one and will likely close it out tmrw or next week depending on price action.

I've also been rolling a csp that's now a -$195p expiring tmrw that I was hoping to close out near zero tmrw but if we see a dip I may have to just roll it out some more

I am really just selling cash-covered puts with a long term objective of acquiring. My goal is 30% assignment, but it has only been about 10% assignment which improves the statistic.

I have bailed on a few contracts when I shouldn't have, so I am far from perfect-- but my goal is to let the puts expire worthless or be assigned and rarely cover.

Most of my gains are from NVDA this year, which has been special situation.

My strategy is pretty simple: build a ladder of -P spread out 2-3 months and enjoy theta decay. I set a target number of contracts to write, and I ease in to them over time. Again, my execution is far from perfect, but I write contracts that net a credit of about 35% of my cash at any point in time, which works out to about 5% exposure per week average. The delta between contracted exposure and gains is what I close early or get assigned on. I pivot to -C when my cash is lower than my target, and I avoid selling when IV is "low".

Are selling ITM puts? What stocks are you trading? Thanks.

If price were to breakout above the April high @$198 it would open the door to the circle c-wave ($240) starting 📈
Until then, a wider flat b-wave to ~$158 is still a possible target ⚠️

1718341572005.png