Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1715883821792.png

@tivoboy in your view are SPY +P500 6/21 worthwhile to get up here (it's down to $1/ea) or not yet?

FWIW EW SPX update says: "Until the SPX gets back down below $5265 SPX, there is no bearish potential to really focus upon YET. This can still keep us up here and try to push towards $5350 over the coming days."
That’s pretty darn cheap… I’d like to move up a tad to 505/510 IF I could get close to same premium… too busy selling AVGO, AMAT and NVDA calls at the moment though.

Reactions: Jim Holder
I have a feeling a lot of people will get bagged next week. Seems like not enough people take the "last refueling station" seriously enough. Downside risk is $7.5, upside is $25+. Still many are hedging with short calls.
Completely agree. Looking at both the daily and weekly charts, if concerned about downside, then focus on protecting capital if price drops below $168.. as the daily and weekly Bollinger bands have room to the mid-140’s. But until $168 is given up, shorter term risk is to the upside. For this reason as well, I am currently being very careful with CC’s, only selling for the current week and will be looking to avoid overnight risk, seeking to sell morning rallies at conservative strikes and cover by EOD if possible

Totally agree with the compensation plan if he never dumped shares on the open market to buy a social media company. If he started a social media company in the Tesla APP for everyone to communicate I would vote for a 104B compensation plan.
The shares he sold were not from that compensation plan. That compensation has been held up in court for years. He sold shares that he acquired much earlier than 2018.

Reactions: Paul_SF
Often the roll credit will increase more than the remaining extrinsic (blood to be squeezed from the stone), but that can be less than the premium increase Mon vs. Fri.
Well for tomorrow if the SP were to pop up a but, this week's -c180's will still be worthless, but next week's could go up a lot...

Now just need a bit of red today to sell the puts...

Hey, can either of you pls give me a vanna , gamma , OI read on MSTR, @Yoona or @Jim Holder ? Limited access today and tomorrow. I have what I thought was a far out -c1520/+c1620 but didn't note index inclusion and other analyst buy recommends.... opened that spread at 2.50 , already underwater at 6.40 , but would hope to see it survive the week or find a new strike pair to roll for next week.
I would be keen to read a MSTR thread here if anyone wants to start one. (EG: not sure if it's on topic for this topic, but if it isn't I'd love to talk about it in a separate forum topic.)

The shares he sold were not from that compensation plan. That compensation has been held up in court for years. He sold shares that he acquired much earlier than 2018.
Yeah I hate the Twitter buy and his antics over the past couple of years but people had plenty of opportunity to unload their shares at above the target goal for Elon's compensation plan over the past 1-2 years. He delivered on his end and should get his pay. I find it to be in the poorest taste for any shareholder to deny Elon's his pay package after he more than 10X the company.

I have a feeling a lot of people will get bagged next week. Seems like not enough people take the "last refueling station" seriously enough. Downside risk is $7.5, upside is $25+. Still many are hedging with short calls.
Well that's why I keep some "burner" +c300's, so if I do get underwater I can use them as a long leg in a diagonal and roll the short side out, wasn't a possibility back at $140, but from the $180's a roll to September mld-200's works out fine

Reactions: Jim Holder
Elon pinned this tweet. Does this mean the compensation package passed? Why all the Thank yous from Elon?

This is just one person… others have posted with the NO box checked… I think Elon thinks a “like” from Elon is appealing to some - and certainly those who post things like this on SM, that is probably true.. #SAD

Reactions: Max Plaid
Thanks @elasalle for the idea. Followed, just a bit, STO here 10x -C260 1/2025 @$8.65 as insurance. Plan to buy it back on any dip/weakness/crash or roll in or out near expiry. One reason longer-dated expiries can work well sometimes is the volatility gives several chances to moves things around. So even if TSLA does $237, it'll retrace down anyway, and if TSLA does the $140 again they'll be ripe to close. By the time it gets to $260 (if ever) a lot of water would have passed under the bridge.

EDIT Added the visual representation:

View attachment 1047775

BTC the opened today -C260 1/2025 @ $8.28 from $8.65 for dinner gains, mainly due to:

Last edited:
Both these German factory expansion headlines just popped up on my iPhone stock app