Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Loaner with AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just sent off my P85 for a 100k service inspection (more like 103k at this point), and just had a loaner dropped off. You can imagine my surprise when I received a 75D with AP2! The car is basically new with only 100kms on the ODO.

After all the paperwork was signed off, I promptly hopped into the car to head back to work, only to wonder why AP doesn't work. My experience with AP is non existent as my car is a 2013 P85 with nothing but raw power and no new fun bells and whistles. It took me a long time to realize that I the car's AP features are not enabled. I gathered this by the fact that the dash has a lonely car with no fun street lines meandering around the car (I assume this a correct statement).

I called the service rep in Montreal to find out if there was a way to 'flip it on'. Seeing as it's a software unlock, I can't imagine that Tesla would be adverse to enabling it. I was informed that service has no insight or abilities to the functions of the cars they receive as loaners. :(

Is there an easy way to tell if AP is not enabled in the car? or is this simply a 'you're not doing it right' syndrome?
Do you think I'd have any luck ringing anyone else to see if they really can't unlock the AP in this loaner?

So I just sent off my P85 for a 100k service inspection (more like 103k at this point), and just had a loaner dropped off. You can imagine my surprise when I received a 75D with AP2! The car is basically new with only 100kms on the ODO.

After all the paperwork was signed off, I promptly hopped into the car to head back to work, only to wonder why AP doesn't work. My experience with AP is non existent as my car is a 2013 P85 with nothing but raw power and no new fun bells and whistles. It took me a long time to realize that I the car's AP features are not enabled. I gathered this by the fact that the dash has a lonely car with no fun street lines meandering around the car (I assume this a correct statement).

I called the service rep in Montreal to find out if there was a way to 'flip it on'. Seeing as it's a software unlock, I can't imagine that Tesla would be adverse to enabling it. I was informed that service has no insight or abilities to the functions of the cars they receive as loaners. :(

Is there an easy way to tell if AP is not enabled in the car? or is this simply a 'you're not doing it right' syndrome?
Do you think I'd have any luck ringing anyone else to see if they really can't unlock the AP in this loaner?

The majority of AP2 owners who paid for EAP only received limited AP features two days ago with firmware 17.3.2. That included Traffic Aware Cruise Control and a very limited Autosteer (low speed and freeway only).

Yup. I wasn't just reading about ghost mode in the firmware that is installed on this loaner. I have a sneaking suspicion that this car doesn't have EAP enabled. The only thing I'm able to do is fixed cruise control. No TACC.

Attachments

• IMG_4005.JPG
    IMG_4005.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 62