Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Wait Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My front skid plate recently broke. I went to schedule service in Houston or New Orleans and both centers are 30+ days out. Tyler, Tx is sooner but that is 6hours away. As an owner 3 hours from a service center this long wait time is quite concerning. Luckily I can get a skid plate on Amazon and do it myself.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
My front skid plate recently broke. I went to schedule service in Houston or New Orleans and both centers are 30+ days out. Tyler, Tx is sooner but that is 6hours away. As an owner 3 hours from a service center this long wait time is quite concerning. Luckily I can get a skid plate on Amazon and do it myself.
Laying off service techs like
(at about 1:10) probably didn't help w/the backlog and service times.

Yeah, Richmond location is temporarily closed. Just when things were beginning to look up in regards to service and super charging network.

I've bought 3 and I'm pretty sure this will be my last Tesla. It's a damn good car but Elon is not to be trusted at this point.

I've been waiting on a rear wiring harness for an oil pump issue since March.

They were pretty responsive, helpful and sympathetic before the layoffs.
Now I have to wait days for a reply to tell me they still don't have my part and I reschedule the appointment again.

Does anyone know any points to apply pressure in the parts system to help them out?

I know it's probably just all this chaos, but eventually I'm going to have something happen on the highway as I'm limping along at 55-60 mph.