Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Chemult, OR - US-97 (under construction April 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, hard to tell if this is a new prefab design, or just poured on-site in two batches. It seems very strange to see a new pre-fab design out in the middle of nowhere OR. You'd think we'd see one or two crop up near the NY factory first so they can troubleshoot any issues without all the travel.
These are definitely prefab. There are junction boxes mounted to each cabinet so they can be placed without the wiring already being run under the cabinets. There’s probably not a good spot near the factory to test a site designed for trailering. And since these are prefab, they can wire them up in the factory and see if they work before they ship them out.

Usually the installation of the utility transformer is the main hold up. Can’t see one from the pictures yet. Even then there are several under construction that have transformers for several months. Maybe waiting on inspections or the Tesla sc team chaos to get sorted. I’m just hoping for a late summer trip I would like to take.
Is the green box in this photo the utility transformer? Not open yet, but looks close!

Here's the photo. (Seems it didn't load from my phone.)

1717742731163.png