Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Covington, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pedestal code scan takes you to Tesla.com

Attachments

• IMG_1856.png
    IMG_1856.png
    641.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 12
How long does it usually take to be active on teslas navigation or Tesla supercharger map?
Planning a trip to Atlanta this Friday and want to be sure this works.

The order in which a new site appears after it goes live:
  1. In the phone app, often the same day or next day after it's live.
  2. In the car nav, often about the same time as the phone app, but sometimes a day or two later. (I don't know why.)
  3. On the Tesla Find Us page on the website, anywhere from instantly to up to months later. I guess the map is generated by some manual process based on the same data that's available to the car nav, and then uploaded to their website. Generating and uploading a new one is probably only done periodically, so if a site goes live shortly after the website was updated, then it has to wait for the next cycle.

Covington is now live in my phone app, by the way.

The order in which a new site appears after it goes live:
  1. In the phone app, often the same day or next day after it's live.
  2. In the car nav, often about the same time as the phone app, but sometimes a day or two later. (I don't know why.)
  3. On the Tesla Find Us page on the website, anywhere from instantly to up to months later. I guess the map is generated by some manual process based on the same data that's available to the car nav, and then uploaded to their website. Generating and uploading a new one is probably only done periodically, so if a site goes live shortly after the website was updated, then it has to wait for the next cycle.

Covington is now live in my phone app, by the way.
It doesn't seem to show in my phone yet (Android). Is there any obvious way to update the data in the app?

Maybe the people responsible for adding stations to the maps were in that recent round of layoffs?

I stopped by again today to charge and the tree upper chargers I tried wouldn’t release the cable. The lower row of chargers seems to release the cables and works fine. I’ve only used one other V4 cabinet station so it might just be operator error.

I have a reasonable fear that those stations on the cusp of opening are not going to be well reported over the next couple of months. It really isn't clear what Musk is doing with this. It sure seems like a "shoot from the hip" issue which clearly has damaged the Tesla Supercharger reputation. This layoff could have been handled much better IMO.

Indeed this site does physically have Magic Dock interfaces (within the V4 pedestals), but they have not been activated yet. I don't know the supercharge.info policy on this, but I wouldn't be surprised if the policy is to wait for actual activation.

It's not appearing on Tesla's Find Us map yet, but given the evidence of a Rivian charging yesterday, that merits an update on supercharge.info. And yes, we prefer to wait for some form of confirmation that a non-Tesla can charge at a site before indicating so. @sajakh - were you using the MagicDock or your own NACS adapter?

Uuuuuuhhhh, that's interesting... So you got the Magic Dock to release from the pedestal, without using the app? Free power? That probably won't last long :)Anyway, I wouldn't add this (CCS capability) to SC.info just yet since it's not active in the Tesla app. Probably just a data mismatch for a couple days.

Dang it, I was just in that area last night...