Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking forward to the delivery of my Tesla today... According to the app 🤣
The delivery date has given up and moved out 🫡
IMG_9834.jpeg

Nothing to report. No updates on the RORO schedules as yet, Walrus isn’t due into Melbourne for 12 days yet, can’t see any other vessels which look too likely. Grand Dolphin maybe? Apparently it has carried Teslas in the past. Purely a guess, no confidence in that one at all.

The slow wait continues. Day 51 and counting

Last edited:
Another EDD update today. Changed

To: May 10 - May 31
I think we can safely assume if you haven't already checked yours is on the Dugong. Being that it appears there's only 100 there it should be a nice short turnaround towards the earlier part of that window, if it's due to unload on the 7th hopefully you can have it in your driveway by the 15thish pending Tesla availability.

• Love
Reactions: legacy81
I've just received my final invoice this morning. do you know roughly how long the car will be ready after the payment all cleared? thanks.
Getting an invoice is to finalise your finance. They will update you with the delivery date and will give options to select the dates, that's when the final payment happens which is generally 2 days before pick up date. From getting an invoice to pick up can be 2 - 5 weeks.

Reactions: Blue heaven
Had a really good chat with a Tesla rep this afternoon.
The quicksilver MY is being delivered in the Eastern States, but it seems availability is very limited.
She was kind enough to go through her internal inventory system (for HW4) to try and find something with a definitive delivery date - most colours except the Stealth Grey and Quicksilver and heading to WA via the Eastern States with delivery of mid to late May.
There is one MY HW4 ready for immediate delivery in WA - RWD, Black, Black and 20" wheels.
If you haven't been assigned a car yet and change your order to something that matches, you will get assigned one of the vehicles mentioned above.

• Informative
Reactions: Sturty
Had a really good chat with a Tesla rep this afternoon.
The quicksilver MY is being delivered in the Eastern States, but it seems availability is very limited.
She was kind enough to go through her internal inventory system (for HW4) to try and find something with a definitive delivery date - most colours except the Stealth Grey and Quicksilver and heading to WA via the Eastern States with delivery of mid to late May.
There is one MY HW4 ready for immediate delivery in WA - RWD, Black, Black and 20" wheels.
If you haven't been assigned a car yet and change your order to something that matches, you will get assigned one of the vehicles mentioned above.
Good insight Rug, thanks heaps. When I call I just get the petulant younger guy who gets annoyed when you dare ask any tricky questions.
I've only seen one person with a quicksilver assigned here, his will it'll be on the Morning Crystal with those you mentioned above - last time I saw it had an EDD of May 8-29. How he won the golden ticket I couldn't tell you, though he had ordered in early Feb. I presume that's where the rest of the allocation mentioned above is too, on the Morning Crystal. I haven't seen any other Model Y vessels lurking.

We really did get shafted with the unlucky stick with timing and being here and not in the East. It is all it is.

Are you holding the line or biting the bullet for the above spec?

Reactions: TheRug80
Good insight Rug, thanks heaps. When I call I just get the petulant younger guy who gets annoyed when you dare ask any tricky questions.
I've only seen one person with a quicksilver assigned here, it'll be on the Morning Crystal with those you mentioned above - last time I saw it had an EDD of May 9-22 or thereabouts. How he won the golden ticket I couldn't tell you, though he had ordered in early Feb.

We really did get shafted with the unlucky stick with timing and being here and not in the East. It is all it is.

Are you holding the line or biting the bullet for the above spec?
Holding the line...I'm getting impatient and was considering going with the original colour/spec which is showing in the inventory page (but HW3), but with the above insight, it leads me to believe we are expecting a ship direct to WA with our colours on it...sometime soon*

*"Tesla" soon

Holding the line...I'm getting impatient and was considering going with the original colour/spec which is showing in the inventory page (but HW3), but with the above insight, it leads me to believe we are expecting a ship direct to WA with our colours on it...sometime soon*

*"Tesla" soon
I'll make a sliding doors prediction based on the current visible schedules. If they change then I'll update it accordingly.

IF the second lot of Model 3's just allocated aren't on the Walrus Ace, our Model Ys will be on it and will be assigned within the next week or so for a delivery date late May/ Early June
If the second lot of Model 3's ARE on the Walrus Ace, then I predict ours will be on the Paganella and we're looking at early July delivery for us, with it due in port mid June.
It seems the new colours (Ultra red, Stealth Grey and Quicksilver) are made as infrequently as the Long Ranges in the more normal colours. You. me and @V3nom should be expecting at the same time

Last edited:
I'll make a sliding doors prediction based on the current visible schedules. If they change then I'll update it accordingly.

IF the second lot of Model 3's just allocated aren't on the Walrus Ace, our Model Ys will be on it and will be assigned within the next week or so.
If the second lot of Model 3's ARE on the Walrus Ace, then I predict ours will be on the Paganella and we're looking at early July delivery for us, with it due in port mid June.
It seems the new colours (Ultra red, Stealth Grey and Quicksilver) are made as infrequently as the Long Ranges in the more normal colours. You. me and @V3nom should be expecting at the same time
I don't buy into the "we build more white cars because Australians prefer white cars" argument - I believe we prefer them because they're the most readily available colour (the slightly cheaper price is an influence, but I think that's cancelled out by the rental industry). If we genuinely had equal numbers of colours, then I think they'll find the data would show otherwise.

I don't buy into the "we build more white cars because Australians prefer white cars" argument - I believe we prefer them because they're the most readily available colour (the slightly cheaper price is an influence, but I think that's cancelled out by the rental industry). If we genuinely had equal numbers of colours, then I think they'll find the data would show otherwise.
I wholeheartedly agree.
I mean, I ordered white because it was free, and white is my favourite colour, but that's me - the football team I support also wear white (Tottenham).
In China black is the free colour. In the US it was midnight grey (after initially being white). I'd be curious to see the sales split.

Reactions: TheRug80