Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Bot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
It can 'play' football.

It can stand up if you push it over.

What else would you like it to do without a human controlling it?

Better hope it doesn't get mad at you and decide your head is best removed from your shoulders by swinging you by it.
Shovel Snow, Take the Trash out. Mow the Yard. Security Patrol on U.S. Government Installations. Be able to interact with Humans on a personal level

Reactions: DanCar
Shovel Snow, Take the Trash out. Mow the Yard. Security Patrol on U.S. Government Installations. Be able to interact with Humans on a personal level
Shovel snow like a human as in make a plan and deal to the snow with the least amount of shifting snow twice? That's almost up at the coffee test level.of cognition. You could give it instructions and it might do not a too bad of a job if you stood there making sure it wasn't making more work for you than it was saving. It wouldn't do to be taking chunks out of the shrubbery, or your car.

Lawn mowing is covered by autobot mowers already. I know a guy with two. One for each side of his driveway so they never need supervision to cross the road.

A security guardbot could "foot patrol" a route inside fence already I think. It could even chase after an intruder if you gave it enough sensing.

What it is going to take some time yet is having the "security guard" able to reason with an intruder or apply consequences for failure to comply with instructions.

AI can make a reasonable impersonation of an actual human. For all I know, you could be one!

Shovel snow like a human as in make a plan and deal to the snow with the least amount of shifting snow twice? That's almost up at the coffee test level.of cognition. You could give it instructions and it might do not a too bad of a job if you stood there making sure it wasn't making more work for you than it was saving. It wouldn't do to be taking chunks out of the shrubbery, or your car.

Lawn mowing is covered by autobot mowers already. I know a guy with two. One for each side of his driveway so they never need supervision to cross the road.

A security guardbot could "foot patrol" a route inside fence already I think. It could even chase after an intruder if you gave it enough sensing.

What it is going to take some time yet is having the "security guard" able to reason with an intruder or apply consequences for failure to comply with instructions.

AI can make a reasonable impersonation of an actual human. For all I know, you could be one!
I'm pretty sure any humanoid robot won't be deployable to do any of these tasks this decade, due to both lack of capability and lack of safety.

Also any such robot will require detailed on-prem custumization/training. It's not just unpacking and "hey robot, do this".

Reactions: DanCar