Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla fail for tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems either silly or just stupidly inefficient. I have 10,000 miles on my 2023 MYP, and I wanted to try Tesla mobile service to rotate my tires. So I made a service appt 3 days ago, and this morning a tech showed up to rotate my tires for me.

And then he told me I would have to take the car to a Tesla service center to have it done, because it is a MYP and has staggered tire sizes. The mobile tech can't jack up the back or the front of the car safely enough to swap the tires front-to-front and rear-to-rear.

So I asked him why Tesla sent him on this job since they clearly should know I have a Performance model with staggered tires. He said they never check that. Sigh.

Mind you that I'm on the north edge of Phoenix, and the tech drove 25-30 miles to get here.

He did mention the Discount Tire would rotate tires for me for free.

This seems either silly or just stupidly inefficient. I have 10,000 miles on my 2023 MYP, and I wanted to try Tesla mobile service to rotate my tires. So I made a service appt 3 days ago, and this morning a tech showed up to rotate my tires for me.

And then he told me I would have to take the car to a Tesla service center to have it done, because it is a MYP and has staggered tire sizes. The mobile tech can't jack up the back or the front of the car safely enough to swap the tires front-to-front and rear-to-rear.

So I asked him why Tesla sent him on this job since they clearly should know I have a Performance model with staggered tires. He said they never check that. Sigh.

Mind you that I'm on the north edge of Phoenix, and the tech drove 25-30 miles to get here.

Absolutely! We would love the opportunity to earn your business and we will gladly rotate your tires at no cost to you. Here is a LINK to some other services we provide.

Reactions: MitchMitch

Can't they use a 5th wheel as a placeholder, lifting one corner at a time?