Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Had to Remove My Rear View Mirror + Unclip My Cameras…does this need to be recalibrated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had service replace something in my rear view mirror and I noticed they had to remove everything.

IMG_5611.jpeg

They popped everything back in and that was it. Do I need to re-calibrate my cameras or anything? I read anytime the cameras were removed that they needed to be re-calibrated.

Not sure if I can go into the service menu and make sure everything is aligned? Any advice would be appreciated.

I had service replace something in my rear view mirror and I noticed they had to remove everything.

View attachment 1046025

They popped everything back in and that was it. Do I need to re-calibrate my cameras or anything? I read anytime the cameras were removed that they needed to be re-calibrated.

Not sure if I can go into the service menu and make sure everything is aligned? Any advice would be appreciated.
Yes, it requires recalibration.

Reactions: tekkie_m3

Yes, it requires recalibration.
What type of recalibration are we talking about? All I did was the following…

Controls > Service> Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Nothing was torqued back in, they just snapped the cameras back into place.

Is there any way in service I can check that it’s all aligned properly?

What type of recalibration are we talking about? All I did was the following…

Controls > Service> Camera Calibration > Clear Calibration.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? Nothing was torqued back in, they just snapped the cameras back into place.

Is there any way in service I can check that it’s all aligned properly?
Are you sure cameras were removed? Cameras are encased in a metal assembly and is not part of the plastic covers.

Drive it see! If it can't recalibrate, take it back to SC

Are you sure cameras were removed? Cameras are encased in a metal assembly and is not part of the plastic covers.
Everything is working properly, I reset the calibration in the settings. After a few miles Autopilot worked perfectly.

This was the only thing popped out, the cameras weren’t messed with, just the entire plastic piece as pictured here.

IMG_5997.jpeg

As long as they popped it back in, you’re saying the cameras weren’t actually messed with? Simply the plastic piece was popped out and put back in?