Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead insurance companies went the other way. They claim it's because at the slightest ding, the car is a total write off (or at least the battery), leading to much higher than average repair cost. I don't know whether that's true or not, but it's what I'm told by people in the industry.
I think there is some truth to this because of the low number of repair facilities and people who know about EV's at present.

Reactions: Maximillan
Has there been any other goss on the grapevine about vision based parking becoming available in Australia yet?

I’m wondering about spending the money on going on a holiday instead if there’s no light at the end of the EAP tunnel for highlands haha.

I don’t need it, in fact I hate going to the shops, someone always parks next to me. But it would be cool.

Has there been any other goss on the grapevine about vision based parking becoming available in Australia yet?

I’m wondering about spending the money on going on a holiday instead if there’s no light at the end of the EAP tunnel for highlands haha.

I don’t need it, in fact I hate going to the shops, someone always parks next to me. But it would be cool.
As it is an undelivered FSD/EAP feature, there is a financial incentive for Tesla to prioritise Vision Autopark for non-USS cars outside North America. The only issue could be that it may have been developed as part of FSD V12, which is not ready for RHD markets.

But who knows what they will do. They delivered 2024.14.6 with vision 3D park assist (not to be confused with autopark) to Intel Atom based USS cars which can’t use that feature.
1715849270819.gif

Reactions: dronus
I noticed a couple of mentions of others on 14.3 that regen braking had improved (ie become slightly more aggressive, in a smooth way). Initially I didn’t see any change, but in the last few days I would say regen has been worse (not aggressive enough) on many occasions. Approaching same intersections at similar speed and lifting off as I normally did I have to now apply brake.
Anyone else experiencing that?
Only real difference in conditions is my SOC currently is about 20% higher than I usually have (~75% vs ~55%). I would say environmentals about the same.

- NoA is now crippled, requiring AP stalk pull or manual indicator activation to confirm lane change. Previously confirmation was with a slight pull/push on the steering wheel where the hand already rested, so kind of acceptable. This change is a massive feature degradation.
I tried it last night on 2024.14.3 - can confirm the same. Although my memory is that my vehicle was always like that - I couldn't ever confirm with a pull/push on the steering wheel. Which was why I never used it. I'm not 100% sure on that though. I tried it when the car was new about a year ago and not again until now.

The last time I experienced the push/pull on the steering wheel to confirm lane changes was in the 2019 M3 back in October/ November. That was the one thing I really didn't like about auto lane change then.

The 2024 M3 (since January) has never needed me to do that I set it to confirm and all I have to do is touch the indicator button which works much better.

Last edited: