Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it's significantly bigger
IMG_0313.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Tesl3on and Jules22
So got the notification first thing this morning of the upgrade, installed right away and completed my drive into work. Some observations:

• Overall the UI is a good upgrade, especially things like the increased size of the speed. I'm not blind but having the numbers meaningfully bigger makes them easier to find quickly (i.e when passing through a speed camera etc.)
  • The speed chime works! i havent actually seen any speed camera icons on the map in previous version, but i did re-engage the auto route update navigation thingo, that then gives the option for chime on speed camera. When the chime went off for the first time it really caught my attention, its a different sound, good implementation IMO.
  • I used the auto boot open this morning when i got to work. Works like a charm. You hear the dinging as though the boot is about to open (same chime), then after 2 or 3 it magically opens. This is the main feature in the update i was looking forward too, and on the first try it was flawless.
  • Wipers - better UI than before, when using it shows on the right of the screen, larger and more prominent. Still getting dry wipes, so there's that...
  • Auto pilot seems to have had a UI upgrade as others have mentioned. Brake lights appearing on other cars and it is detecting more vehicles and pedestrians, particular on the other side of the road.
  • Forward and reverse slider is now much smaller and towards the top. Works fine and unobtrusive.
  • Lock sound is louder, caught me a little by surprised. i am using the old spice whistle so not as bigger issue as goat scream 😅
All in all, very pleased to have woken up and more functionality has been added to the car!