Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never had a car with them, so it seemed pretty good for me, had a 20 minute drive through the Dandenongs that I had to do that night anyway so gave it a good test. Seems like the pixels are quite large, are they smaller on other vehicles? Always though the headlights have like dim spots in them, like lines of missing pixels even before hand.

I am guessing they were not that distracting to other drivers, because I never got the up yours flash from other drivers.
I’ve always thought the high beams were terribly uneven and patchy, it’s nothing to do with the adaptive high beams.

Reactions: Zoltrix77
Nah just go for it, what could possibly go wrong?
Couldn’t contain myself and installed the update last night and did a few drives today. No issues so far. Must say I really like the improvements!

The full screen of the car when you enter looks cool, and a simple tap of the map upper left or swipe brings back the old Nav map and small car view.

The new visualisations are amazing, the detail is great… but I should be looking at the road and not the screen! I like driving with the map, so full screen is more of a nice to check out. It does perplex me though that TACC is so hesitant when it clearly has a very good view of everything going on, and for quite a distance around you. Driving on a divided freeway you can rotate and it shows all the cars going the other way - even in the dark! When stopped at lights it even showed the brake lights of the car beside me! Clearly using the B pillar camera.

The larger speedo, speed limit and cruise max are a godsend for people like me who wear reading glasses. I absolutely LOVE the average speed camera display - so easy to correct yourself if you go a bit over at any point.

Love the wiper improvements… tap the end of stalk and a simple scroll up/down to adjust is sooo much better. Auto wipers seemed to be working ok and about the same for me as 2024.8.9 in the intermittent drizzle we had this afternoon. Need to see how the dry wipes go.

Adaptive headlights seem to be good… was hard to discern it working as there were a lot of cars and street lighting about. One improvement I’d like to see is it recognise the super bright reflections you get from the white speed limit/road signs and blank that out… these signs can blind more than oncoming high beam.

The media player improvement- larger and more features is as it should have always been. You do loose the ability to see the “what’s next” by swiping up when using a station or playlist on Apple Music.

Liking it so far!

Reactions: OzVic and dronus
Couldn’t contain myself and installed the update last night and did a few drives today. No issues so far. Must say I really like the improvements!

The full screen of the car when you enter looks cool, and a simple tap of the map upper left or swipe brings back the old Nav map and small car view.

The new visualisations are amazing, the detail is great… but I should be looking at the road and not the screen! I like driving with the map, so full screen is more of a nice to check out. It does perplex me though that TACC is so hesitant when it clearly has a very good view of everything going on, and for quite a distance around you. Driving on a divided freeway you can rotate and it shows all the cars going the other way - even in the dark! When stopped at lights it even showed the brake lights of the car beside me! Clearly using the B pillar camera.

The larger speedo, speed limit and cruise max are a godsend for people like me who wear reading glasses. I absolutely LOVE the average speed camera display - so easy to correct yourself if you go a bit over at any point.

Love the wiper improvements… tap the end of stalk and a simple scroll up/down to adjust is sooo much better. Auto wipers seemed to be working ok and about the same for me as 2024.8.9 in the intermittent drizzle we had this afternoon. Need to see how the dry wipes go.

Adaptive headlights seem to be good… was hard to discern it working as there were a lot of cars and street lighting about. One improvement I’d like to see is it recognise the super bright reflections you get from the white speed limit/road signs and blank that out… these signs can blind more than oncoming high beam.

The media player improvement- larger and more features is as it should have always been. You do loose the ability to see the “what’s next” by swiping up when using a station or playlist on Apple Music.

Liking it so far!
having all of the detailed surrounding vehicle and environmental visualisation is giving me more confidence in buying EAP/FSD down the track.

Reactions: Jules22 and elddum
more confidence in buying EAP/FSD
I have EAP and don’t really use it. The Autosteer is not smooth, even jerky in gentle curves, and it overreacts to the surrounding traffic (same as TACC). It always wants to stick to the centre of the lane, regardless- even if there is a massive semi only a couple of feet away.
When it works best is on the open freeway which is where I feel you need it least.
Main reason I got it was for the Smart Summon… and have never used that.
I almost never use the Autosteer of EAP and just TACC.
I personally don’t think it’s worth the money, and if I had to pay cash outlay (mine included in the lease) I wouldn’t buy it.
If FSD is the same, I feel it would be like driving with my 16yr old who is on his L plates.

I have EAP and don’t really use it. The Autosteer is not smooth, even jerky in gentle curves, and it overreacts to the surrounding traffic (same as TACC). It always wants to stick to the centre of the lane, regardless- even if there is a massive semi only a couple of feet away.
When it works best is on the open freeway which is where I feel you need it least.
Main reason I got it was for the Smart Summon… and have never used that.
I almost never use the Autosteer of EAP and just TACC.
I personally don’t think it’s worth the money, and if I had to pay cash outlay (mine included in the lease) I wouldn’t buy it.
If FSD is the same, I feel it would be like driving with my 16yr old who is on his L plates.
All good information, thanks 🙏

I think I’m just interested in the auto park and change lanes on navigate plus just having something extra geeky to play around with :)

Reactions: elddum
I personally find that it’s too aggressive (it makes the lane change too fast and not a smooth transition) and on occasions it freaks out and cancels the lane change when there is nothing there.
That's interesting, how long ago did you try it?

Definitely don't find it aggressive myself, have a few on video in the ADL trip and I find it a nice smooth lane change. I also had a couple where it freaked out on the leg from CBR to MEL which was due to the camber of the road. Even in those instances I wouldn't call it aggressive or anything, unexpected, definitely especially the first time, but I was very happy to put up with that happening twice in 4000km for the benefits it brought overall.

Tested the average speed camera thing just now on the strech of Victor Harbor Road from McLaren Vale to Willunga.

Worked well on the southern run, I entered the zone at 100kmh and had tacc engaged. Average on exit was 96kmh.

I exited at willunga and set my navigation back home.

The car chimed that there were fixed cameras but on that return trip there was no average speed display on the return trip which was a bit strange.

Other than that, it seems to work well.

Reactions: elddum and Jules22