Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's been long enough, can we initiate a ban after today on earnings call whining? And maybe create a robot feasibility and value thread/forum?

Some of us are busy counting the billions in earnings from automotive manufacture plus looming energy services and don't wanna be distracted!
So you think we should exclude talking about the product category that Elon just said could be Tesla‘s most important/valuable product line?

Just a few days ago several friends from the Middle East and I were having just that discussion. All of us are Tesla fans, including those who are in countries Tesla does not currently serve. The risks are real. Not just for Tesla but for traditional participatory government as well. The risk to Tesla stems form the very tight political; connection to the fossil fuel industry. I feel a bit like a conspiracy theorist on all this, so have avoided these subjects until now. Seeing the deep seated manipulation of TSLA has caused me to revise my views.
I don't see any more significant anti-Tesla views now vs. 10 years ago or so. It has always been there. If anything, I think the mainstream financial media has come around towards Tesla acknowledging that they are here to stay and a powerhouse to boot. There are still powerful forces that oppose Tesla, but I don't think it is a new phenomenon.

Just a few days ago several friends from the Middle East and I were having just that discussion. All of us are Tesla fans, including those who are in countries Tesla does not currently serve. The risks are real. Not just for Tesla but for traditional participatory government as well. The risk to Tesla stems form the very tight political; connection to the fossil fuel industry. I feel a bit like a conspiracy theorist on all this, so have avoided these subjects until now. Seeing the deep seated manipulation of TSLA has caused me to revise my views.
I do not know how many times I have told people I know personally that Tesla is not just an existential risk to automakers, but entire industries and governments. I’ve been warning of this for years. There’s no reason to think this is a conspiracy, it’s just the truth.

The enemy of my enemy is my ally, they surely realize. The enemy of my ally is…well an even easier enemy to attack.

I have no idea what will be attempted to stop Tesla of achieving its goals, specifically, but something that makes me worry less is that the failures of many global businesses may be a bit slow, propped up by governments until the money can’t help anymore. The less sudden it is, the less motivated and capable the competition is to coordinate.

I think it's been long enough, can we initiate a ban after today on earnings call whining? And maybe create a robot feasibility and value thread/forum?

Some of us are busy counting the billions in earnings from automotive manufacture plus looming energy services and don't wanna be distracted!

I think we need a thread for @TheTalkingMule's complaints about other member's posts. It would fill many pages by now.

So you think we should exclude talking about the product category that Elon just said could be Tesla‘s most important/valuable product line?
I think we could talk about the technical aspects of it elsewhere, just like we(supposedly) do with everything else.
We don't need to hear a rembling argument about how the hand is going to work.

1643590124185.png

e·go·tis·ti·cal
/ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/

adjective
  1. excessively conceited or absorbed in oneself; self-centered.

“I’m driving this program personally, as is the case for almost all new programs”

Although I admire him, omg sometimes he's too much! Without him though, Tesla wouldn't be the same.

e·go·tis·ti·cal
/ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/

adjective

“I’m driving this program personally, as is the case for almost all new programs”

Although I admire him, omg sometimes he's too much! Without him though, Tesla wouldn't be the same.

I don't see it being egotistical. He's just reiterating the significance of that program and that it's a major project that deserves his attention. I could see any visionary tech leader making the same statement... Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk... I'd expect no less.

I have no idea what will be attempted to stop Tesla of achieving its goals, specifically, but something that makes me worry less is that the failures of many global businesses may be a bit slow, propped up by governments until the money can’t help anymore. The less sudden it is, the less motivated and capable the competition is to coordinate.

The more quickly the threatened industries collapse, the less that exist to coordinate and conspire to save. People in desperate situations do desperate things. It makes little sense to hope the failure of the displaced industries is a long-drawn out affair, at least not any more than necessary.

Last edited:
e·go·tis·ti·cal
/ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/

adjective

What is wrong with you! Elon is the frickin' CEO of Tesla. Taking new initiatives and getting them going in the right direction is exactly what a great CEO does. We are lucky that he's also a good engineer. Elon is simply telling it like it is.

If you want to stew in your own mediocrity relative to one of the greatest industrialists to ever guide humanity, then please do it less publicly.

e·go·tis·ti·cal
/ˌēɡəˈtistək(ə)l/

adjective

You do realize it is a quality of many successful CEOs to survive against millions of detractors?

What is wrong with you! Elon is the frickin' CEO of Tesla. Taking new initiatives and getting them going in the right direction is exactly what a great CEO does. We are lucky that he's also a good engineer. Elon is simply telling it like it is.

If you want to stew in your own mediocrity relative to one of the greatest industrialists to ever guide humanity, then please do it less publicly.

Elon pisses people off and tweets like this don't help. He disrupts with his ideas and belittles people's careers / ideas when he sees a more efficient way of getting things done. We're on the same team, but Elon is full of himself, which is a double edged sword of sort.

Elon pisses people off and tweets like this don't help. He disrupts with his ideas and belittles people's careers / ideas when he sees a more efficient way of getting things done. We're on the same team, but Elon is full of himself, which is a double edged sword of sort.

This post is more evidence that you can't please all the people, all the time.

Do you really think Elon would have been so successful in so many ventures of so much significance if he had been meek and had a deferential personality? Great minds and great leaders always grab life by the horns and bend it to their will. You are being critical of his greatest strengths and what makes him a force to be reckoned with. Let's be glad that he's working for the greater good!

I suspect there is a lot more driving these posts than meets the eye. I disagree with your assessment of Elon and his motivations. I have no interest in engaging anymore around this.

I am hovering and choosing the second button on the left.