Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the most recent Batteries Included podcast, it was discussed how Chargepoint used a model you describe of servicing chargers/having folks at various locations buying chargers and the site hosts managing/profit from it, trying to make $$ from it, . This model and the chargers eventually become abandoned because it's still not a proven business model that charging can be a big enough profitable business to be worth the high upfront cost.

It is a shame there isn't a manufacturer with a proven business model based upon manufacturing, servicing, and operating a network who could successfully market this package to a third party.

I personally don't think businesses can make enough $$ from pure charging yet (think gas stations). Charge too high, no one will really use it. Charge too low, you lose $$.

Someone, unlike you, who actually does work up a business model will be able to definitively determine what they need to make from the chargers to justify the installation. If they are planning over ten or more years it is likely to be attractive.

If it's too high on corridor routes, most would just take their ICE vehicle.

You do realize gas stations are already declining in numbers while charging stations are growing in numbers, right?

Tesla had a vested interest in making the SC network awesome since 100% of their customers may or had to use it and unlike gas, they needed the SC network to allow their cars/customers to actually go further than 200-300 miles or a Tesla owner would've never really been able to leave their city.

Oh, so you ARE aware of a company that has a proven business model for operating a charging solution?

Pushing this on a 3rd party who again, is only going to do it for profits seems short sighted, especially if it's truly that profitable as you seem to claim. With Tesla cutting expansion, new sites and not wanting to own it themselves, complaining that profit margins aren't what they want (hence, the move to software margins), how are you going to convince a local entity to do this when they really don't care what their customer's drive to their store/destination and Tesla doesn't want it?

The third party would have a turn-key profit center.

Tesla sells the ready-to-install hardware and the Tesla network processes all transactions, then, from the third-party's profits would be removed a percentage to cover Tesla maintaining the hardware and operating the network. The percentage left will be their profit.

The third party would* pick a location, get it permitted, arrange for the electrical needs, file for available subsidies, and install the hardware.(completion verified by a Tesla service employee who signs off on it)

* do the pain in the 🫏 work that Tesla should avoid

The current live/deployed SC network should be fine (for now unless they can the whole service/maintenance team). Tesla will only be shooting themselves/all their customers in the foot if service/uptime got worst.

Current uptime is over 99%. Do you actually expect it to get worse as they learn more?

It affects very little other users since most other EV brands can't use the SC yet.

All future EVs in the US delivered from other OEMs will use NACS, and can access the Tesla manufactured chargers (whether branded Tesla or Privately branded).

The transactions will be processed via the Tesla network directly, or piped through the OEM or third party's app that is ported to be processed by the Tesla network.

I hope this addresses this latest episode of sunworries adequately.

You really need to work on the FUD writing skills. Maybe get with the others, off forum, and sharpen them up a little. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I don't understand this troll manages to get the car hit these objects, when every video that has been posted by anyone else has the car avoid hitting people of all sizes and shapes.
A typical method is to have the dummy stationary, and then just before the car passes, pull a string to put it in front of the car in a fraction of a second. No real person moves like that. It probably takes a few tries to get it just right.

1. That noise you hear is Porsche designers in Germany throwing their ashtrays against the wall after seeing this Taycan knockoff.

2. One can leave a market or one can compete. Tesla was ready to compete profitably with the Gen 3 platform consumer product. Tesla will still compete with a product based on a present platform. The consumer is interested in the product. not how it's built.

One cannot boast, "Where is the competition?" Then leave the market when competition arrives.
I don't think Tesla are fully leaving the cheap car market, but they are clearly putting more resources into the direction that can genuinely differentiate their product vs competition.

So they are competing, just with less focus on the race to the bottom on costs and more focus on increasing value with autonomy.

One cannot boast, "Where is the competition?" Then leave the market when competition arrives.

That's precisely what every company does in the face of new information. Decide whether to expand, continue on their existing path, or leave. Not adapting to new info would be a mistake.

Then why use Say if this concerns you (which I agree it should?)

There’s no passed involved…

Log into your Tesla account -> profile settings-> shareholder preferences -> verify manually

Where you’ll find:

Manual Verification​

Manual shareholder status verifications will be reviewed internally by Tesla
Please submit your brokerage statement as of April 15, 2024. This document must show:
  • Your full name
  • Number of TSLA shares held
  • Statement date of April 15, 2024 (or your April 2024 statement)
  • Other information, such as account number, address, and non-Tesla holdings, can be redacted
  • Please submit a single PDF document for all your brokerage statements
Number of Tesla Shares

One PDF file, max size 10 MB
Well, I gave them the account that has 9 shares and a couple of hundred bucks, so any data breach will not be devastating. And who knows, perhaps Say will refund the losses.

Well, I gave them the account that has 9 shares and a couple of hundred bucks, so any data breach will not be devastating. And who knows, perhaps Say will refund the losses.

One vote per share.

You will only be able to vote the number of shares you have provided.

If you have multiple accounts with TSLA shares, the manual verification method will net you more votes, while also not providing password info to Say.com. Rather, just sharing a PDF of a recent statement from the broker to Tesla.

Edit: insert Embarrassed emoji here. All the above is sooooo wrong when the purpose is to get perks and an invite from Tesla to the AGM.

Last edited:
One vote per share.

If you have multiple accounts with TSLA shares, the manual verification method will net you more votes, while also not providing password info to Say.com. Rather, just sharing a PDF of a recent statement from the broker to Tesla.
The vote comes through my broker. I already voted all the shares in all the accounts.

Reactions: AZRI11 and Linkmeup
Hold on. Your data is that people who dont want one mock it, and your relatives cancelled orders? Thats not data, thats anecdotes. Nobpdy was expecting 100 million sales. If 99% of the population of the planet hate the cybetruck, it can still multiple millions of units.
And what throttle back of production? when? at what point did Tesla claim they are reducing production goals for the vehicle. Show me the primary source.
There has been zero indication of them doing anything other than ramping production as fast as they can.
I did not use the word data anywhere.
It’s been reported they reduced shifts on the line. Which, fair enough, doesn’t sound right as they have plenty of orders to fill that won’t be cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexxs88
Warren Buffet commenting on potential insurance impact with reduced accidents with Tesla's FSD.

"Reduction in accidents is good for society but bad for insurance companies."

Then Ajit mentions that currently less accidents but higher repair costs due to the equipment on the car.

Last edited:
One vote per share.

Edit: insert Embarrassed emoji here. All the above is sooooo wrong when the purpose is to get perks and an invite from Tesla to the AGM.

But even for that, you get an entry into the invites/perks drawing/selection for each share you have "verified" with Tesla Investor Relations.

• Informative
Reactions: 2daMoon
I don't understand this troll manages to get the car hit these objects, when every video that has been posted by anyone else has the car avoid hitting people of all sizes and shapes.

I don't either. I had FSD v12 for one month and my car slowed down and stopped for a cat crossing the road once, and a racoon at night another time, so I find it very hard to believe FSD could miss or hit something as large as a mannequin.

"Reduction in accidents is good for society but bad for insurance companies."

Surely a reduction in accidents is good for insurance companies? Continue to collect premiums without needing to pay out as much in claims?

Or are they saying in the long-term, car insurance will cease to be mandated and not be purchased anymore?

Surely a reduction in accidents is good for insurance companies? Continue to collect premiums without needing to pay out as much in claims?

Or are they saying in the long-term, car insurance will cease to be mandated and not be purchased anymore?
Bro, I'm not paying for insurance if there are no chances for accidents/injuries. That would be giving your money away for free!

They will die out or have little profits.