Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the smell of burnt hair in the morning!

Even sweeter in the afternoon. ;)

TSLA.2023-06-13.08-30.CPI Inflation.is.Low.png

Cheers to the Longs! (you too, Cathie...) :D

Like too much else of soiled America……..

... and the air in NYC is more like Beijing right now (suck in, Wall St.) :p And yet, in 2020 the air in L.A. cleaned itself in just 6 weeks during the covfefee "preview" (gasoline burners parked). You could see the L.A. Mountains from Seal Beach. Beautiful!

Just think of how clean the air will be once all those gassers are permanently taken off the road. Then, the soil will also be restored as the rain of toxic materials nolonger falls from the sky. The Economy and Nature together.

America the Beautiful, indeed!

Cheers to the Longs!

Anyone expected sooner?

The portion of the factory for it haven't even started construction, specially if they will use 4680 for those from the start, which also need to comission the whole manufacturing line
I also didn't necessarily expect or want it to be sooner for the Semi to ramp big-time. As great as the cars are, the Semi may have to be 10x more reliable due to its 90% duty cycle, as opposed to the automobile's 10% duty cycle.
Seems to me a few more months/years of road experience can pay major maintenance dividends later.

Why do you think robotaxis would suddenly make people decide not to sleep and instead choose to ride around in the middle of the night? Doesn't make sense.
I don’t necessarily think that. But I do think I drive my car less than 2 hours per day, and most days I don’t need it available during the day, let alone night. So, that’s a lot of hours it could be available for taxi rides. And, if I screw up, I just hop in a different robotaxi, cost offset by my earning. I am just saying, you would rather have the car available at night rather than hooked up to level 2 charging and not available. Ultimately, this was about how many charging stations we need. I don’t think in the long run we need in city charging stations like we do off highways. We need integrated level 2 and SC stations at the places people go.

Question ~ is Toyota a one trick pony or merely compete to hang onto something called market share ~ until now they competed in an unchanging world dominated by the fossil fuel complex.

Toyota is setting themselves up for a long "tail-chase". They aspire to be in 2027 where Tesla is is June of 2023. Problem is, Tesla production tech is a moving target: Project Highland is about to be revealed, which will again cause Toyota to revamp their plans. The "Unboxed" production process is perhaps 2 years away from production (2 years BEFORE Toyota's current plans can bear fruit). Toyota should change their slogan to "Yesterday's Technology Tomorrow". :p

Overall Toyota has set themselves up for a race for 2nd place. Ford, GM, Hyundai/KIA and the Chinese will have something to say about that. Net-net, Toyoda-san's grandchild has a much, much smaller future ahead...

Cheers!