Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is the official retrofit of model 3 CCS been announced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that happened to me too. Mobile tech came and spent an hour trying to get the software update and it would not. I looked at the part number and I"m pretty sure it was the one for the later cars, not the "pre-busbar" part I need for my 2019. The mobile tech told me that when they can not resolve an issue it gets kicked to a service center appointment. When I brought my car in they did the upgrade, and my invoice shows the correct "pre-busbar" part number.

So I put in another request with an explicit message that the software problem is resolved and please try again. Today, three days later, I got an updated estimate. With the wrong retrofit kit. It has 1652004-00-A. I just sent them another message that my 2018 Model 3 needs 1652005-00-A. So frustrating!

I had a retrofit installed in our 2018 M3 LR on April 2. Mobile service, everything went smoothly. We just purchased a 2019 SR+ as our second car that replaced our 2014 Leaf that got crunched. I scheduled the CCS retrofit through the app. The first time it came back with an estimate without the retrofit. It took three tries and two messages, but I now have an approved estimate with a SC appointment next Friday. The app said it couldn't be done by a mobile service visit. Fortunately, the SC isn't far and we're going to have dinner with friends near the SC.

Is the ECU available yet as a separate part for those of us that already have two Tesla CCS adapters? I am just looking to get away from the bundle of wires hack in my car in case that's what occasionally causes CCS to prematurely end a charge.
It doesn't seem to be. However, the only way we'll find out that it is available, is when someone tries to buy one at their service center and they succeed. It stands to reason that at some point, it will have to be available as a standalone part since people will have them go bad.

I guess I should have asked, if we know the kit is 1652005-00-A, can someone who's had it installed on the old 2018's take a pic of the ECU so we can get the part number on it and start asking at our service center?
The part number has been posted in this, or one of the other related threads many times. I'd have to search for it to find it again.

But really you can just check the EPC, you won't be able to order it until it shows up as a part there.

OK, if you come across the part # in your travels I'll check the EPC for it. I just have only seen the Kit part number so far. I've been watching for it. Doesn't mean I didn't miss it
Here you go:
The retrofit kit is part number 1652005-00-A - "KIT, RETROFIT, M3, PRE-BUSBAR, CCS1"
Inside is the Tesla CCS adapter and a new ECU
The ECU is part 1537264-09-B Rev 01 (Seems to be -09 of the Gen 4 part number)

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
So I put in another request with an explicit message that the software problem is resolved and please try again. Today, three days later, I got an updated estimate. With the wrong retrofit kit. It has 1652004-00-A. I just sent them another message that my 2018 Model 3 needs 1652005-00-A. So frustrating!
Another failure. So Tesla Service responds that the parts computer says my car needs 1652004-00-A. I insist that is wrong and that my 2018 LR RWD needs 1652005-00-A. Computer says no. They add BOTH parts to the estimate. I thought that meant the tech would arrive with both parts. Wrong! He arrives with only 1652004-00-A. I let him try again, but of course it again fails. At least he understands the issue, apologizes, and tells me that he will reschedule the appointment and be sure to bring 1652005-00-A. I'll let him try once more, but after that a bundle of wires may be in my future...