Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point about the front bumper, maybe I over did it. Here's a toned down treatment. Wheel arches softened a tad as well. That rear rood downward slope is the most jarring part of the whole design in my opinion, which is why I modified.
View attachment 480829
safety regs will require a front bumper to stick out even more, same with a rear bumper. Also can't have the tires stick out from theb ody that far. The extra front lights you added will probably be required, so good job there.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
what safety regs are you talking about, specifically?

some basic things...
pedestrian friendly front bumper and front lighting
mirrors
Wheels stick out beyond the wells, that's gonna be a no-no for a truck
Rear lights are not adequate. A vehicle that size and width will need larger signal lights and likely orange safety lights.

There's a reason other trucks look so similar as far as bumpers, lights, wheels, mirrors, etc, because they are regulated that way.

some basic things...
mirrors
Rear lights are not adequate. A vehicle that size and width will need larger signal lights and likely orange safety lights.

There's a reason other trucks look so similar as far as bumpers, lights, wheels, mirrors, etc, because they are regulated that way.
How are the F150 bumpers pedestrian safe? I fail to see how current pickups are designed with any pedestrian safety in mind.

One thing that I think hasn't really been brought up about the Cybertruck design, but something I think is under-rated and important aspect is that the overall design has purity from cohesion. It breaks all other rules, but as a whole the design is very cohesive from front to back with proportions that make sense within it's simple planes. Whether a car is angular or curvy - cohesion in it's design elements is an important trait. I think this is something that pulls the whole car together and allows it to grow on people, despite it being such a departure from any car before it.

some basic things...
mirrors

where does the nhtsa regulate bumper size? I often seen trucks with wheels that are outside of the wheel well...

some basic things...
mirrors

The truck is over 2 years from production. Obviously it will change between then and now, including safety/regulatory related items. I don’t think anyone disputes this.

I don't care how great the specs and price are, nobody is going to buy this ugly POS! And don't pickups have beds or some amount of cargo carrying capacity? My Dad used to haul home a ton of gravel in his 1976 Chevy camper special, and it'd be my job to shovel it all out onto the driveway. How can that even happen in this "Cybertruck"?

And Franz swung that sledgehammer like a wuss. Let me take a crack at denting that door!
Apparently around 150,000 people disagree.

Reactions: wesley888
Probably around 200k by now but really how many will convert? With only a $100 deposit it is easy to justify holding a place in line
Honestly I don’t think there’s too many people on the fence with this one. This is such an extreme design concept either you really hate it or you love it. I love it. It looks like the kind of car everybody in the 80’s thought future cars would look like