Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS on non factory wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the fault does not clear in the next few drives I will try one more thing, re mounting the 21" Uberturbines with the factory TPMS

I have my doubts it will fix the problem but if it does I will order some Certified OEM units for the other tires /wheels.

Not a fan of harsh riding rubber band tires and heavy wheels. Again the non factory 18's have worked fine for several months.

ps. the TPMS sensors came from a company called Just OEM wheels. If I did not know better would say they are take offs.

Converts in back of envelope in head style very close to the price here. So yeah, fakers they must be.
If the fault does not clear in the next few drives I will try one more thing, re mounting the 21" Uberturbines with the factory TPMS

I have my doubts it will fix the problem but if it does I will order some Certified OEM units for the other tires /wheels.

Not a fan of harsh riding rubber band tires and heavy wheels. Again the non factory 18's have worked fine for several months.

ps. the TPMS sensors came from a company called Just OEM wheels. If I did not know better would say they are take offs.
Some fake products are designed to look exactly like OEM. Similarly, some products are made in the same way, or even on same production lines OEM are, but just unbranded. There may be some reason or another why it isn't sold as branded though.

Anyway, I can't say for certain they are fake or not. And in fact, it could be a legit TPMS that just happened to fail or glitch out. And even that is just a possibility, since the problem (not symptom) hasn't been determined yet.