Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I’ve noticed that it also doesn’t seem to need about 23 miles of clear road to get from 60mph to 70mph when your lane clears of a slower moving car. It accelerates quicker and the speed it does this now seems well judged, quick enough to get up to the set speed but not too quick that it’s comfortable and smooth to passengers.

Not sure if they deserve congratulations on fixing something they should have got right years ago of course but nice none the less.
Yes!

It does seem better in this regard. A smidge more would be nice.

Also I had not just my first successful M4 to M25 transition ever on EAP, it then went on to do the M25 to M1 too!

Drove up the A90 the other day so got to try the new average speed functionality. Overall, It's a nice addition. Handy to see what you're current average is between the two cameras and the distance to the next one.

It doesn't yet handle simultaneous sections of average speed cameras though. The A90 is average speed for about 60 miles, with cameras roughly every 10 miles. It would work for cameras 1 and 2, 3 and 4 etc. but not for cameras 2 and 3, 4 and 5...

Hopefully that will get resolved.
I'm just back from an A90 trip and noticed that the bit between Dundee and Stonehaven is not treated as one single Average speed zone but is in 3 chunks. From Dundee to a couple of miles south of Laurencekirk is one section, the 50mph section at Laurencekirk and finally a mile or so north of Laurencekirk. If you believe the car there's a few miles either side of Laurencekirk where you're not being measured by the Average Speed Camera.

I also had the same experience as @Overworked The average was calculated for the whole section and not between individual cameras. On the Dunblane to Broxden leg I got stuck behind a lorry overtaking a lorry which brought my average to low 60s by the time I passed the next camera. Between that camera and the next one I was doing a steady 72, but the average still showed low to mid 60s. So a little less useful than it could have been, but still very handy info to have.

Edit: just did the same typo as Overworked :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Medved_77
I'm just back from an A90 trip and noticed that the bit between Dundee and Stonehaven is not treated as one single Average speed zone but is in 3 chunks. From Dundee to a couple of miles south of Laurencekirk is one section, the 50mph section at Laurencekirk and finally a mile or so north of Laurencekirk. If you believe the car there's a few miles either side of Laurencekirk where you're not being measured by the Average Speed Camera.

I also had the same experience as @Overworked The average was calculated for the whole section and not between individual cameras. On the Dunblane to Broxden leg I got stuck behind a lorry overtaking a lorry which brought my average to low 60s by the time I passed the next camera. Between that camera and the next one I was doing a steady 72, but the average still showed low to mid 60s. So a little less useful than it could have been, but still very handy info to have.

Edit: just did the same typo as Overworked :)
Thanks. I'm up and down again this weekend so will have a chance to test again, although this time on 20.1.