Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
It seems like you have been affected. Don’t buy the cyber truck.

I agree the cyber truck is not worth it. If it met any of the specs talked about at the launch event, I’d be more excited. But now it’s just a weird hunk of metal.

Get a Rivian. Or a model X.

Echo's my thoughts about the Cybertruck. Its not ready for production and some of you are being used as test mules and have spent a lot of your hard earned money for the privilege of being a Tesla tester. A darn shame if you ask me.
I can't help but feel they rushed this to the market and then a lot of people drank the Tesla Kool-aid.
I confess, I would have wanted one too if I had been in line early enough and they were not charging a $20,000 markup. No interest now though.

Echo's my thoughts about the Cybertruck. Its not ready for production and some of you are being used as test mules and have spent a lot of your hard earned money for the privilege of being a Tesla tester. A darn shame if you ask me.
I can't help but feel they rushed this to the market and then a lot of people drank the Tesla Kool-aid.
I confess, I would have wanted one too if I had been in line early enough and they were not charging a $20,000 markup. No interest now though.
That’s the way Tesla builds cars, unfortunately. Every single new model has this launch/early production problem. Everything comes out half-baked. Better to wait 12-18 months for them to redesign all the bad decisions out. And then what you have let is the car itself to evaluate.

Reactions: carpendj
That’s the way Tesla builds cars, unfortunately. Every single new model has this launch/early production problem. Everything comes out half-baked. Better to wait 12-18 months for them to redesign all the bad decisions out. And then what you have let is the car itself to evaluate.

TSLA also needs to add more standard creature comforts. It's been a short cut they've gotten away with for too long. They've pocketed the profits from that for too long. Odd they even tried it with the $100k CT.

People can choose to buy early and they do know what they are getting.
Problem is they really don't. Those of us who have experienced Tesla know they can really cut corners. But most people who don't hang out on forums like this wouldn't realize that the cybertruck was half-assed as much as it was. Especially since it was released in a worse state than pretty much every other Tesla to date.

Reactions: carpendj
Not sure why you think I’m giving Tesla a pass on their piss-poor quality. I’ve been quite vocal about it. I try not to be too over-the-top negative and not use phrases such as piss-poor and just let Tesla’s quality speak for itself without making excuses or praise he who does not need praising, but there you have it. Thanks for reading this post.

That just means more disappointed people and more bad press for a company that can ill afford either.
I see mostly tons of great press about the CT and people very happy with it. Tesla is getting millions (tens of millions? hundreds of millions?) of dollars of free publicity. Clearly, they have created a free publicity flywheel. Whether this was dumb luck or part of a plan, it is obviously good for Tesla.

For example, Kara and Nate tried one. They have a popular YouTube channel that is mostly about travel but they also try camping out in "weird" vehicles.

72 Hours Living in NEW CyberTruck Basecamp

Near the end of the video Nate was asked if he would ever buy a Cybertruck in the future, if not then which RV would he buy. Nate said:

If I just needed a car and money didn't matter I would 100% buy the Cybertruck.
I just don't see how getting the Cybertruck splashed all over the internet for free along with impartial people expressing delight over it is bad for Tesla. There are also haters. P. T. Barnum said "there's no such thing as bad publicity". It's not clear to me that the controversy, whether sincere or not, is actually bad for Tesla.

Reactions: SO16 and zoomer0056
Tesla created a false narrative when they did this Drag Race. No one will ever use a single Axle Trailer to transport a vehicle on. Use a proper Car/Equipment Trailer to do the Drag Race.
It was stupid for Tesla to have done that. Just gives the haters fuel to point to that and purposely ignore the positive. Or maybe smart because then it gets spread around and more people see it. But I’m personally no fan of false/misleading advertising.