Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY turn back DC charge after tesla blocked it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, also wanted a toolbox access on my old model S with MCU1. Yes, it is true, you have to downgrade to v11 2022.8.10.5 as on newer versions the diag port is blocked. Nevertheless the downgrade process is quite simple..
For the Toolbox installation I have contacted Alex1972 from, he has a thread on MHHAuto. His price of 50USD is quite fair given the fact this Toolbox is outdated already .. I can send you contact to him via PM if you're interested..

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
Hi guys, also wanted a toolbox access on my old model S with MCU1. Yes, it is true, you have to downgrade to v11 2022.8.10.5 as on newer versions the diag port is blocked. Nevertheless the downgrade process is quite simple..
For the Toolbox installation I have contacted Alex1972 from, he has a thread on MHHAuto. His price of 50USD is quite fair given the fact this Toolbox is outdated already .. I can send you contact to him via PM if you're interested..
have u been able to use TB2.1 to do some things on MCU1?
i have a copy but never got around to actually putting car in factory mode n trying it out...

have u been able to use TB2.1 to do some things on MCU1?
i have a copy but never got around to actually putting car in factory mode n trying it out...
Yes, sure, I needed to proceed with louvers calibration and that was possible. I have even tried to delete DTCs, also without problem. The only problem is to get into Factory mode as I was told it's possible only after factory reset and seems to be true, I succeed right after it.... If you guys would have a better list of commands which doesn't require factory reset, I'd be very thankful for it as it's PITA to set everything back...

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
Yes, sure, I needed to proceed with louvers calibration and that was possible. I have even tried to delete DTCs, also without problem. The only problem is to get into Factory mode as I was told it's possible only after factory reset and seems to be true, I succeed right after it.... If you guys would have a better list of commands which doesn't require factory reset, I'd be very thankful for it as it's PITA to set everything back...
first time i'm hearing about it..
i was told i need to connect to IC n run couple of commands
i was planning to solder together an extension fakra cable so i don't have to take apart dash every time
i'm all ears how u did it, reset isn't painful if i get to keep dash intact lol

i was told i need to connect to IC n run couple of commands
Nope, you have to actually disconnect the IC from MCU, connect PC to the MCU with the specific IP the IC is using to simulate it and then run the commands so the MCU "thinks" it comes from IC.
i was planning to solder together an extension fakra cable so i don't have to take apart dash every time
Yeah, I have soldered three fakra - RJ45 cables, one connected to cable coming from MCU. Second to IC and have it permanently inside connected together with normal LAN RJ45 coupler accessible from the left side bracket - so it's very easy... The third one is needed for the connection of PC with TB2.1 to MCU as it uses different HW port - this one I have under the MCU and have the cable there also permanently..

Nope, you have to actually disconnect the IC from MCU, connect PC to the MCU with the specific IP the IC is using to simulate it and then run the commands so the MCU "thinks" it comes from IC.
Aha, yeah i might have just missunderstood the procedure
Yeah, I have soldered three fakra - RJ45 cables, one connected to cable coming from MCU. Second to IC and have it permanently inside connected together with normal LAN RJ45 coupler accessible from the left side bracket - so it's very easy... The third one is needed for the connection of PC with TB2.1 to MCU as it uses different HW port - this one I have under the MCU and have the cable there also permanently..
yes precisely what i was gonna do

Reactions: ResHacker