Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News yesterday is that the entire 500+ person word-wide SC team has been let go. That is alarming. Why would Elon sack the execs and all the employees of this important part of Tesla's business? Could Tesla be selling the SC network off to a third party? Opinions? Other theories?

29226473368_d3a9e965d2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I got a 'bad' supercharger which was maxing out at 35kw (preconditioned, low SoC). Switched to a different supercharger and the rate shot up to max. I expect this behavior from CCS but this had never happened to me on a supercharger, ever. Elon fires the supercharger team and two weeks later this? Makes me very nervous.

Yesterday I got a 'bad' supercharger which was maxing out at 35kw (preconditioned, low SoC). Switched to a different supercharger and the rate shot up to max. I expect this behavior from CCS but this had never happened to me on a supercharger, ever. Elon fires the supercharger team and two weeks later this? Makes me very nervous.
That happens every once in a while. On my eclipse trip in April, I came across one that did the same. Even had a nice person walk up to me as I was getting out of the car and say they experienced the same thing and let me know I might need to move my car. I did see the same, so I moved. As I was getting ready to leave another car was pulling into the same stall, so I gave them the same warning. A few more slow charging sessions like that, and I assume that Tesla would mark the specific stall as "reduced service" in the navigation screen.

I wouldn't read too much into the timing of your first encounter of a slow charging session happening so soon after the layoffs.

So where/what do you consider a trusted news source?

There's a difference between news and news shows. Make sure you know the difference. News shows often have the hosts give their opinion and their own spin on news items. When it's just news, they just report the news and it is reliable. But news shows are not reliable sources of news. All the major networks have both news and news shows.

Last edited:
The best and brightest are getting new jobs. Good luck rehiring them!

What flustercluck of headless chickens are running the S.C now? Someone is obviously having a crack but only a few of the in progress sites are back with comms.

News c/o the business insider link back up the page.

The ones that do get re-hired will likely be working/doing their job as if nothing happened. But hidden underneath they will be looking for something better elsewhere. You don't fk with someone's job and expect business as usual. They will take it personally.

Reactions: mborkow
The ones that do get re-hired will likely be working/doing their job as if nothing happened. But hidden underneath they will be looking for something better elsewhere. You don't fk with someone's job and expect business as usual. They will take it personally.
Weeeell, they were not fired directly, not due to personal performance, but yes there will be clear distrust in management, especially Elon, and loss of moral.

Weeeell, they were not fired directly, not due to personal performance, but yes there will be clear distrust in management, especially Elon, and loss of moral.

That's why it's even worse. If someone was fired for poor performance or even just below excellent performance, it might be perceived a little better. But this is more like a mean kid with a magnifying glass over an ant hill. Just destroy people's livelihoods with no reason except for Elon being a mean kid. Even those who were not affected will remember this, whether they are an excellent employee or a subpar employee. Now they know they can be fired on a whim. When you have employees that are in fear of this, they would not want to stick around too long and always searching for something more secure. And even if they do stay long term, they will not give their 100% to the job. Elon will be viewed as a billionaire who doesn't care and behaves erratically. If you're a Star Trek fan, I would say Elon is "no longer fit for duty based on the fact that he has been emotionally compromised."

Tesla is already known for poor quality control and bad customer service. A couple more nails will likely seal the coffin that their PR department can't fix. Oh wait, they don't have a PR deparment. I predict Elon will be ousted sooner or later before he destroys the company from within.

Last edited: