Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MASTER THREAD: 2019.36.1 update released with 5% power increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posted with the "P3D Horsepower?" thread. I did an acceleration measurement this morning in my car. Plotted vs. pre-first bump, post-first bump, and post-second bump. Decent gains. Not as big as the first jump. (y-axis is ft/s^2, 32.2 ft/s^2 = 1G). 0-60 with rollout was 3.083 s, without rollout (from 0.8 km/hr - same as VBOX trigger) 3.315 s. Max Gs: 0.901

upload_2019-11-5_10-6-54.png

Last edited:
I'm getting tired of the "haves" always getting more.
Cross posted with the "P3D Horsepower?" thread. I did an acceleration measurement this morning in my car. Plotted vs. pre-first bump, post-first bump, and post-second bump. Decent gains. Not as big as the first jump. (y-axis is ft/s^2, 32.2 ft/s^2 = 1G). 0-60 with rollout was 3.083 s, without rollout (from 0.8 km/hr - same as VBOX trigger) 3.315 s. Max Gs: 0.901

View attachment 473395
So, it's a largely an "after 40 mph" 5% bump...

So, it's a largely an "after 40 mph" 5% bump...

Many people I've heard on reddit say they feel it's more torquer pre-40 mph. The last 5% pump was noticeable after 40 mph and this one should be felt earlier.

Attachments

• 36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors-1.png
    36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors-1.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors-2.jpg
    36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors-2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors.jpg
    36.1 starting to roll out now. - teslamotors.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 87
Many people I've heard on reddit say they feel it's more torquer pre-40 mph. The last 5% pump was noticeable after 40 mph and this one should be felt earlier.

My data (above) says the opposite. There was a much bigger 0-40 mph torque bump last time. This time there is a very minor 0-40 mph torque bump and a nice power curve bump from there to 100 mph. Jerk is still the same from 0-5 mph. I'll try it again sometime when my battery is warmer (no dots on power side, but a few on the regen side of the power meter), but I stand by the measurement.

FWIW, my data shows 18.9% more acceleration @ 80 mph from 2019.5.15 to 2019.36.1. Seems pretty significant to me...what other car gets nearly 20% more top end acceleration a year+ after purchase directly from the manufacturer??

• Informative
Reactions: Common_Loon
My data (above) says the opposite. There was a much bigger 0-40 mph torque bump last time. This time there is a very minor 0-40 mph torque bump and a nice power curve bump from there to 100 mph. Jerk is still the same from 0-5 mph. I'll try it again sometime when my battery is warmer (no dots on power side, but a few on the regen side of the power meter), but I stand by the measurement.

I hope this is the case. The higher double digits are not quick on the 3P.

Reactions: MacGreiner
0-100 mph went from 8.324 s on 2019.5.15 to 7.527 s on 2019.36.1. That's pretty massive.

If that's true, then WOW!

Pretty much indicates, that when Elon was talking about improvements in motor control, he was talking about extending the torque range where it currently drops off. Also goes along with improved efficiency.

So for the same amount of current, input at the higher RPMs they are producing more power. Probably by getting the phasing/sync more optimal.

My initial impressions (seat of the pants) was that it pulled both harder, and longer.
P3D horsepower?

I posted this in another thread, but thought I'd post here as well - for any LR AWD M3 existing owners who got the update, did you see an increase in range? I'm more interested in that than the power bump.

LW AWD here. Yes I saw my 90% charge range go from 279mi pre-2019.36.1 to 283mi post update. Immediately after the update it showed the same exact range as before. But I let the battery run down some over the last couple of days and charged to 90% last night and had the 283mi this morning.

It's not huge but I've never had I 90% get to 283. I think I've seen 281 a couple of times.

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic