Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not as fast but still feels good. I’m not familiar with the drop off that the original M3P had but it’s not as strong as my S but def not a “fall on your face”
I’ve seen a few of your posts about your drag strip seat time in your S LR, so you’re no stranger to the “WOT” feel of it and can make a good comparison based on feel. Thanks for the feedback.

Here’s the 60+, sorry for no draggy but for those who regularly have a M3P I’m sure you’ll be able to gauge the speed change.
That looks way faster up top than even my fastest gutted run. You can zoom in on the speedo in the first run of this video. That looks like what I was expecting. Pulled much harder than mine even when mine was gutted.

Edit: I watched both videos a few more times and the new US car is WAY quicker up top. That was very impressive. I am definitely good with that. Did you heat the battery at all?

That looks way faster up top than even my fastest gutted run. You can zoom in on the speedo in the first run of this video. That looks like what I was expecting. Pulled much harder than mine even when mine was gutted.

Edit: I watched both videos a few more times and the new US car is WAY quicker up top. That was very impressive. I am definitely good with that. Did you heat the battery at all?

No, that was completely unconditioned battery, but they gave me the car at 97% so it was not a state of charge issue at all.

I was running with a passenger and pulling out from the breakdown lane on some loose crap
3 seconds 0-60 with a passenger and less than ideal launch conditions is insane. The pull post 60 also looks excellent.

Feels like we’ll see 0-60 times at 2.9 without rollout subtracted, which is wild. Thank you for sharing! Cannot wait for mine to arrive!

3 seconds 0-60 with a passenger and less than ideal launch conditions is insane. The pull post 60 also looks excellent.

Feels like we’ll see 0-60 times at 2.9 without rollout subtracted, which is wild. Thank you for sharing! Cannot wait for mine to arrive!
I 100% agree. I think it will be 2.95 without rollout subtracted and the 60-100 mph times will be significantly quicker too.

This isn’t a scientific test and I hate to post imprecise data but it is all we have right now so here it goes.

My 60 mph starts at 18 seconds into the video and the 90 mph occurs at 21 seconds into that video.

New Model 3 Performance 60 mph starts at 5 seconds into that video and 90 mph occurs at 7 seconds into the video.

Remember, gaining half a second anywhere in the run puts this car into a sub 11 second car. .2 on 0-60 mph and .5 seconds on 60-90 mph would be plenty even for my needs. .7 second gain makes this a 10.7 car. Never mind what happens from 90-120+ mph.

This US car is legit. Absolutely positively legit.

IMG_5867.png
IMG_5868.png
IMG_5869.png
IMG_5870.png

I 100% agree. I think it will be 2.95 without rollout subtracted and the 60-100 mph times will be significantly quicker too.

This isn’t a scientific test and I hate to post imprecise data but it is all we have right now so here it goes.

My 60 mph starts at 18 seconds into the video and the 90 mph occurs at 21 seconds into that video.

New Model 3 Performance 60 mph starts at 5 seconds into that video and 90 mph occurs at 7 seconds into the video.

Remember, gaining half a second anywhere in the run puts this car into a sub 11 second car. .2 on 0-60 mph and .5 seconds on 60-90 mph would be plenty even for my needs. .7 second gain makes this a 10.7 car. Never mind what happens from 90-120+ mph.

View attachment 1048490View attachment 1048491View attachment 1048492View attachment 1048493

If this car is sub 3.0 0-60 without rollout and does a 10.7 1/4, the already excellent value proposition becomes absurd.

Not sure if anyone has posted this before - but here is a quick new M3P vs the old one from a stop. This new one should be a non-US version, and we can see the new one jumped a little bit from the start, and I would stay it still pulled a decent amount (and we do not know all the stats like SOC, battery temp).

Interesting because I’ve been checking YouTube every day and up until my post yesterday I hadn’t seen anything with anyone posting 0 to 60 stuff so I wonder how come that hasn’t really been widely shared

Not sure if anyone has posted this before - but here is a quick new M3P vs the old one from a stop. This new one should be a non-US version, and we can see the new one jumped a little bit from the start, and I would stay it still pulled a decent amount (and we do not know all the stats like SOC, battery temp).

Not surprised at the result. The old M3P isn't a slouch to 60 but that 30% increase beyond that would mitigate the biggest weakness of the current model.

Can't wait until 1/4th times come out...here's hoping it gets below 11s :D

View attachment 1048490View attachment 1048491View attachment 1048492View attachment 1048493
Don't know... I see around 3.5-4.0s for 60-95 which is not terribly fast...

Reactions: Adam3