Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any garage door can be hacked pretty easily to open it. I don't worry too much about that. You could have anything in my garage as there's just junk and tools in there. To get into my house you still have to get through the deadbolt and alarm. And before then I already have you on camera and the video stored in the cloud. With that said, ALL of that can be defeated if you really wanted to. It's all just managed risk.
A proper modern garage door should not be easily hackable. They transmit a rolling code that isn't able to be replayed and can't be range extended as the code isn't transmitted without a trigger they can't initiate.

Looks like I'm the only Floridian with a 12152 order number. I guess it's also possible that they weren't blowing smoke up my bombay when they said it was arriving 5/29: maybe mine got built early enough that it got stuffed in the back of a Model Y shipment or something. Or... they were just mistaken and mine is indeed on that 6/4 - 6/6 shipment. Maybe I'll find out Monday if I can find someone at the local SC who is willing to check on it over the phone.
When did you order and where in FL? I ordered day of, car arrived Thursday, picking up Monday. West Palm.

Respond to wrong person? I prefer homelink. I despise MyQ. Was an early adopter with the very first MyQ garage door made but I will never buy Chamberlain/lift master again after the bs they pulled with the insane subscription prices that cost more than the garage door opener itself did and they started charging after the fact when I'd already bought the garage door opener.
Everybody is doing a cash grab for subscription revenues but MyQ is especially egregious. There are many choices on the market for smart garage door controllers that are inexpensive, easy to install, and don't charge a subscription. I installed one that can be operated with voice commands on my phone and watch. Installation took 10 minutes. I also like the idea of separating a garage door opener from the controller so that I can upgrade or change one without the other.

IMG_8702.jpeg

Mobile service used to be able to do it from what I understand, but I'd still drive 3 hours to have them install it. You have no idea how much I despise Chamberlain/lift master for their absurd MyQ bs. I'd sooner get out of my car every time I got home and manual lift my garage door than pay them a subscription to use something I already paid them for years ago.
Thats intresting because the only time I have had to pay for a subscription for MyQ is when ot was integrated into the Tesla OS. I have had the app on my phone for several years and never had to pay.

A proper modern garage door should not be easily hackable. They transmit a rolling code that isn't able to be replayed and can't be range extended as the code isn't transmitted without a trigger they can't initiate.

Those can be hacked too. I would think in order to get someone qualified interested, you'd probably have to be storing suitcases full of diamonds in your garage, but...