Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty much the local sales people know nothing more than the same rumors we read.
But that's pretty bad they didn't at least understand the lineup of models!
I agree. Most salespeople are not nearly as knowledgeable as enthusiasts. My SA also told me they do not have much visibility into delivery times.

I waited from April
I am not sure how special it is to wait since Jan 13th lol I switched to the Performance because it looks really nice :) so why not .. I guess is the reward to wait for a car for almost 5 months lol
I waited from April 2022 til December 2022 for my 2023 MYP which was my first Tesla. Totally worth the wait I gotta say. At least I got a 2023 Model with the new hairpin motor for my wait
Like many others, I waited from April 30th, 2016 until September 22nd, 2018 for my Model 3. This wait is like a walk in the park.
i have to admit I waited half that time then bailed…Tesla was just to shaky at the time to take delivery of one of their cars for me. If I lived in CA I woulda been all over it though!

I agree. Most salespeople are not nearly as knowledgeable as enthusiasts. My SA also told me they do not have much visibility into delivery times.

This has been my experience as well - MOST salespeople.

Occasionally I've had a really good one. I had a Kia salesrep once who I swore actually designed the car, but most salesreps I've had were pretty clueless. My one and only Tesla sales associate last summer was pretty awesome.

As the saying goes (and apt in an auto forum?) - Your Mileage May Vary! :)

• Funny
Reactions: GuyFromAz
Interesting.... of the over 50 entries so far, no Blue with White interior. I'm sure there are those out there with this combo but statistically Interesting none the less.

Dude... when I placed my order on the 23rd, that's exactly what I configured - and it came up over the limit for the US incentive by a hair. I about cried. Maybe I did it wrong? I don't know. But the exterior color was more important to me so I went with blue/black.

Reactions: Sandee3 and jv92red
Dude... when I placed my order on the 23rd, that's exactly what I configured - and it came up over the limit for the US incentive by a hair. I about cried. Maybe I did it wrong? I don't know. But the exterior color was more important to me so I went with blue/black.
nope, that was the case. white interior was $1,500. any special* (non-gray) color combo and white seats broke the $55k federal tax credit limit. when they reduced the seats cost to $1k I was super excited, went to change my combination to white/white only to realize they increased the base price by $1k breaking the $55k limit again :'(

edit: thanks for pointing out it wasn't clear, corrected to non-gray

Last edited:
nope, that was the case. white interior was $1,500. any color combo and white seats broke the $55k federal tax credit limit. when they reduced the seats cost to $1k I was super excited, went to change my combination to white/white only to realize they increased the base price by $1k breaking the $55k limit again :'(
Gray with white interior was and still is under the 55k limit. It was $500 cheaper before 4/26 i believe, or it might have been 4/25.

Reactions: SnipeAT
It's wonderful to watch people overwrite other peoples rows with their information...

*edit*Never mind, that is not what happened. Whoever owns this Google Sheet needs to lock the form so you can only add new data. the columns are being sorted differently by random people.

If you want to look at the main sheet in a different way, save it to your own spreadsheet.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHeez
I am not sure what do you mean by the VIN no being really real.. I got my VIN yesterday and the request to upload the insurance.
Right now the only VINs are people who switched from a LR to P. You're one of them according to the Tracker. Have you tried looking up the VIN to see that it's confirmed to a car with a performance trim?

I'm betting that no one takes delivery of a 2024 M3P before June 1st. Enough of the local Sales Advisors have told me that they don't think any cars will roll out of Fremont before June 1, so I'm assuming that will be the first actual delivery date.

The advisors might be making things up, but keep in mind I'm only around 40 minutes north of Fremont and many of the Sales Advisors in my area are Tesla enthusiasts and interact regularly with employees who actually work in Fremont.