Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do t make to order, rather batches of a configuration. So if you order from the right delivery location and they made extra of your configuration then you get a fast VIN. It seems to me that since the price was so low vs expectations on order open day, they prioritized the highest margin cars (red/white) for 6/30

it still sucks to see someone who orderer same care weeks later and will get theirs sooner.

Supposedly the EPA red tape should get lifted today. Hopefully you get an update today from your sales advisor that it’s all clear for tomorrow!
I’m concerned about that as I look again at the configuration today, the reported range for the performance still does not show “EPA Estimated” like the other variants. It was my understanding that that was what held up deliveries with the NHTSA?

Attachments

• IMG_4039.jpeg
    IMG_4039.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 3
Pretty annoyed. Gray on white LR order switched to performance.

May 15 - May 29
May 16 - May 29
May 17 - May 29
May 29 - June 26

Tesla makes absolutely no sense. Why push back day by day as if a VIN is imminent and then push it back a whole month? Meanwhile my 2nd performance order is still at May 18 - June 1. Clearly that’s a lie too
My order has had the same EDD as yours. 1/11 LR order in MI. Had this happen on my 2022 MS order, delays like this lasted over 4 months on that car. 9 months from order to delivery.

Reactions: impatient_guy
I ordered on the 26th, July 6-Aug 17 EDD. I had hoped that they are trying to push out as many cars as possible before the end of Q2 and possibly I could be bumped up, but now seeing all the delays and some orders placed after me getting earlier estimate due to location and configuration reasons I'm not that optimistic anymore.

I may end up doing the same bud.
While I like the red/white combo, it seems like too many variations in a tricolour setup.

Truthfully the ceiling needed to be black as it Is with MS//MX. Not even alcatera, just black nylon even…same material just not off white /cream.
💯 I actually have a company that did the headliner on my G8 GT putting Alcantara on the headliner of the new one shortly after receiving it. Not cheap though considering it’s only the pillars and the crossbar. Kind of upsetting 😅

Well my white Interior privilege and SoCal proximity has not paid off for me today as i got a window push out from 5/17 - 5/30 to 5/19 to 6/2. I can handle push outs up until mid June, but then I'll have delivery issues if it's late June.

I guess we could all be more excited about waiting if SOMEONE can take delivery and then actually test it for us.

Maybe any of the 4/23 release date order people can jump into the tracker and put in comments that you have a Dragy or Racebox and will test it when you first take delivery????? We would sure appreciate your kindness and would allow the rest of us some welcomed anticipation of more juicy info that all of the supposed 'media' failed to give us with their "feels faster" reviews that came in on release day. Purdy please?????

I ordered on the 26th, July 6-Aug 17 EDD. I had hoped that they are trying to push out as many cars as possible before the end of Q2 and possibly I could be bumped up, but now seeing all the delays and some orders placed after me getting earlier estimate due to location and configuration reasons I'm not that optimistic anymore.
Maybe you should cancel your order and give the rest of us a bump?😬