Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! In my situation, after the tax benefit for trading in (versus selling to Carvana, Carmax, etc.), Tesla has the best offer by far. This was also the case with my last trade-in (non-Tesla for a new Tesla). Also, Tesla at least gives a 30-day window, whereas Carvana and others are usually only 10 days. I need my car for work and can't sell early and wait (especially given the fluctuating and uncertain EDD). Does anyone else on the forum have experience with trading in their Tesla *after* the initial 30-day window expired? I did ask my sales advisor a week or so ago about it and he said that he would "go to bat" for me and talk to the trade-in side of the house if the value changes. Though, I don't really put much stock in a verbal confirmation by phone. He did agree that it would be rather shady to reduce the trade-in value massively if the car was only driven a few hundred miles extra and Tesla kept me waiting.
Pretty sure they'll just re-evaluate your vehicle and give you current value for it. But, you could always re-check with all the other places and see their offers. You could time the drop-off/pick-up to Carvana for example for the day after you get your new car. Provided you didn't need the $$ in hand for the downpayment. If so, I think you're pretty locked-in to Tesla trade-in without the risk of "Selling the car on Monday" and then on Tuesday, having Tesla text you saying "Sorry, delivery delayed..."

How do you even get a phone # that works for the local showrooms? I've tried calling mine (phone # on Tesla's website), but the phone just goes to a national answering system. And then when I finally get to options to talk to a human, it gives me a recording "We're sorry, we are currently closed", even though it's been the middle of the day on Thursday+Friday that I've tried.
Basically their phone system is designed to make it impossible to get to a human, at least difficult. Wondering what the secret is that I'm missing?
I just used the number off Google maps. It was the local number of the showroom

Thanks for the info! In my situation, after the tax benefit for trading in (versus selling to Carvana, Carmax, etc.), Tesla has the best offer by far. This was also the case with my last trade-in (non-Tesla for a new Tesla). Also, Tesla at least gives a 30-day window, whereas Carvana and others are usually only 10 days. I need my car for work and can't sell early and wait (especially given the fluctuating and uncertain EDD). Does anyone else on the forum have experience with trading in their Tesla *after* the initial 30-day window expired? I did ask my sales advisor a week or so ago about it and he said that he would "go to bat" for me and talk to the trade-in side of the house if the value changes. Though, I don't really put much stock in a verbal confirmation by phone. He did agree that it would be rather shady to reduce the trade-in value massively if the car was only driven a few hundred miles extra and Tesla kept me waiting.
I’m in AZ and in same situation. Trade in offer from Tesla for my 2020 M3P expires 5/25 and no chance I’ll see it delivered before then unless a miracle happens. I figure I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it and have put very few miles on the car since offer so I hope it doesn’t change or I may be back to square one

Went from June to July, to July 21st-Sep 1st, in the Tampa area. Quite sad it's pushed out so far, but what I get for holding out and not buying right away. I wanted a Tesla for several years now, was about to pull the trigger last year, then heard about the refresh. I'm extremely glad I waited.

I've learned a lot in the process. I jumped the gun and started looking at financing options too early and filled out a few apps expecting it to take way longer, so I will likely have to re-run the credit due to this push. 1st time to buy a "new car" aside from a cash purchase.

Still, hopefully, the date will get pushed closer as Tesla wants to make the end-of-quarter sales and smooth out their process. But we'll see
I did the same thing with financing my first mortgage - was shopping around and wound up with too many hard hits. At the end of the day, the financing company I went with just had me sign a letter that said I wasn’t going to take a loan on any of the other inquiries so they could still give me a good rate. Just fyi if you end up in the same spot doing the final financing

I’m in AZ and in same situation. Trade in offer from Tesla for my 2020 M3P expires 5/25 and no chance I’ll see it delivered before then unless a miracle happens. I figure I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it and have put very few miles on the car since offer so I hope it doesn’t change or I may be back to square one

I'm in the same boat but not worried about it. I'm sure they'll just reassess it and ask for re-approval of the offer. No biggie. I'm more worried about another hard pull on my credit when that expires since I did approve the loan paperwork.

The fact that these jokers are still posting JUNE 2024 as EDD for newest orders (on Tesla website) is ... wild.

It isnt wild if you remember what I said a couple times previously in this thread, which is that EDD dates mean absolutely, positively, unequivocally nothing whatsoever until you get a vin assigned.

Same I approved finance as well and have until end of June. Although not sure I’m as concerned about that (I have nearly perfect credit so pretty sure it won’t have much impact on me)

Same I approved finance as well and have until end of June. Although not sure I’m as concerned about that (I have nearly perfect credit so pretty sure it won’t have much impact on me)

Me too. I have enough room in my credit but less now than a month ago. I had a whole home generator installed and put the cost on my credit card so I could get points and just pay the full amount when the card bill came. Little did I know they consider that "credit used" if the reporting companies happen to check your card while that balance is on there even if it had only been on there for a matter of DAYS. BOOM. -50 on my credit score. :rolleyes:

Seems like these days it's hard to keep up with how many different ways a responsible law abiding adult can get screwed. They should not be allowed to ding your credit unless you went a billing cycle and didn't pay the balance (I always pay the full balance). I guess on the bright side, now that I paid it off, at least some of that credit score will come back.