Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same I approved finance as well and have until end of June. Although not sure I’m as concerned about that (I have nearly perfect credit so pretty sure it won’t have much impact on me)
I'm not at all worried about the credit pull (even if it has to be done twice). It's usually 15-20 points max per hard inquiry, and with near 850 credit that won't matter. Though, I am waiting for a VIN to run the initial credit, per my advisors advice. The only reason to run it early would have been to get the 6.39% versus 6.49% rate, which changed on 5/1. But that's literally like $2/month in my situation. It appears that rate changes are usually monthly from what I've seen historically (other than promos, like what we see for the Model Y currently). My bigger fear is a $1,000 (or more) drop in trade-in value in 30 days---not because of more mileage, but because of the supply/demand factor. The outgoing M3P will have very low demand relative to the amount of vehicles coming into Tesla, hence why it could be severely devalued. One way to rationalize it, I suppose, is that if it drops $1,000 in value in 30 days, then that's about what I would have paid toward the car over that same time frame anyhow. LOL.

Yep. First thing i do to the car when i take delivery is take it from 296 range to 28x mile range by ditching the wheel aero. This depends on what's underneath. Seen pics of the holes but some say those are for the 19"'s and the 20"'s are just clipped?
Larger pieces are clipped so no holes but smaller sections attach with the holes like the Chinese 19” version that only uses the smaller aero bits. 20” versions will have the holes every other section and none between those.

Reactions: jv92red
Me too. I have enough room in my credit but less now than a month ago. I had a whole home generator installed and put the cost on my credit card so I could get points and just pay the full amount when the card bill came. Little did I know they consider that "credit used" if the reporting companies happen to check your card while that balance is on there even if it had only been on there for a matter of DAYS. BOOM. -50 on my credit score. :rolleyes:

Seems like these days it's hard to keep up with how many different ways a responsible law abiding adult can get screwed. They should not be allowed to ding your credit unless you went a billing cycle and didn't pay the balance (I always pay the full balance). I guess on the bright side, now that I paid it off, at least some of that credit score will come back.
I agree with you…this is calculated using a percentage and if you go beyond a certain point it counts against you even if you pay the bill in full the next billing cycle. Happens to me all the time!

Larger pieces are clipped so no holes but smaller sections attach with the holes like the Chinese 19” version that only uses the smaller aero bits. 20” versions will have the holes every other section and none between those.
I saw the Red/white model in Glendale, AZ about a week ago and I had the employees pull the caps off (after a long argument---haha), so that I could see what they look like in-person. The holes are really gross, so I will definitely keep them on unless there is an aftermarket set of covers that only cover the lip all the way around, but keep the center more exposed (similar to the 19 inch, non-U.S. wheels). To be honest, I much prefer the uberturbines over these new wheels, but after seeing them in-person, they aren't as bad as in the photos. In fact, they're kind of growing on me. One other thing to consider is that they might be harder to clean. The little space between the forged blades and the caps looks like an area that can attract dirt and grime (it's not flush). Also, when I pulled the caps off, the wheels were absolutely disgusting and dirty, with some visible (but small) damage. I recommend pulling them off during your delivery inspection to ensure that they are not damaged. In the event you want to remove the caps down the road, you'll want them to be blemish-free. This is coming from someone who had a severely gauged wheel straight from the delivery truck on my old M3P delivery. If the Ubers were $800+/wheel, I can't even imagine what a replacement forged wheel would cost.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd and JezzaE
"The holes are really gross, so I will definitely keep them on unless there is an aftermarket set of covers that only cover the lip all the way around, but keep the center more exposed"

I'm sure there will be no shortage of people cashing in by selling high profit margin covers for the holes. Unplugged Performance would be happy to sell you cover set for $200 that cost them $2 to make in China.

Me too. I have enough room in my credit but less now than a month ago. I had a whole home generator installed and put the cost on my credit card so I could get points and just pay the full amount when the card bill came. Little did I know they consider that "credit used" if the reporting companies happen to check your card while that balance is on there even if it had only been on there for a matter of DAYS. BOOM. -50 on my credit score. :rolleyes:

Seems like these days it's hard to keep up with how many different ways a responsible law abiding adult can get screwed. They should not be allowed to ding your credit unless you went a billing cycle and didn't pay the balance (I always pay the full balance). I guess on the bright side, now that I paid it off, at least some of that credit score will come back.
I agree with you…this is calculated using a percentage and if you go beyond a certain point it counts against you even if you pay the bill in full the next billing cycle. Happens to me all the time!
This is one of the advantages of having higher credit limits on your cards than you need, so long as your income is also high enough. Keeping debt utilization low. If your limit to income is too high it can be a problem, but carrying only as much credit limit as you need can also be problematic.

Reactions: jose3030
I’m in AZ and in same situation. Trade in offer from Tesla for my 2020 M3P expires 5/25 and no chance I’ll see it delivered before then unless a miracle happens. I figure I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it and have put very few miles on the car since offer so I hope it doesn’t change or I may be back to square one
what was your trade-in offer from Tesla for your 2020 M3P? few weeks ago, they quoted me 25k for mine, then asked for a few pictures, then it went down to 20k, claiming market conditions. 37k miles on mine.

I'm not at all worried about the credit pull (even if it has to be done twice). It's usually 15-20 points max per hard inquiry, and with near 850 credit that won't matter. Though, I am waiting for a VIN to run the initial credit, per my advisors advice. The only reason to run it early would have been to get the 6.39% versus 6.49% rate, which changed on 5/1. But that's literally like $2/month in my situation. It appears that rate changes are usually monthly from what I've seen historically (other than promos, like what we see for the Model Y currently). My bigger fear is a $1,000 (or more) drop in trade-in value in 30 days---not because of more mileage, but because of the supply/demand factor. The outgoing M3P will have very low demand relative to the amount of vehicles coming into Tesla, hence why it could be severely devalued. One way to rationalize it, I suppose, is that if it drops $1,000 in value in 30 days, then that's about what I would have paid toward the car over that same time frame anyhow. LOL.
My real concern is if interest rates actually change.

Currently financed with a credit union as they have a promo, set at 4.99% apr for the 60. Planned on keeping money in a high yield apr or the market.

Don't want to re-apply and lose it.

The fact that these jokers are still posting JUNE 2024 as EDD for newest orders (on Tesla website) is ... wild.
This car hasn’t even been available to order for more than a couple weeks. The “front of the line”
People who ordered 4/23 are still waiting. This means production is still ramping up. Once it’s past the EPA or NHTS approvals, cars will start dropping fast. I don’t recall the number but Teala can produce thousands of cars a day… they will likely push these as fast as possible for June.