Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand you’re not getting as much love as you think you deserve in the options thread, but leave it there, tyvm.

He’s not your cup of tea. Understood and acknowledged.
I've never taken any extra offense just because he called chartists idiots. That's not my identity. I'd have said the same thing whether he insulted plumbers, nurses or whatever. Unfortunately there's no plumbing thread for me to go back to, in case he does.

Reactions: UncaNed
I've never taken any extra offense just because he called chartists idiots. That's not my identity. I'd have said the same thing whether he insulted plumbers, nurses or whatever. Unfortunately there's no plumbing thread for me to go back to, in case he does.
No one said otherwise. You’ve said your short term SP movement peace. Please add to the long term SP movement here.

Wow

That hit me quick - I have so much more conviction in my remaining TSLA investment (low 7 digits), and everything I'm doing around it now, after this news. How can you not?

Wow

Interesting...

Nomination​

There are 351 candidates for the Nobel Peace Prize for 2023 out of which 259 are individuals and 92 are organizations.

351 candidates are the second highest number of candidates ever. For eight years in a row the number of candidates has been exceeding 300. The current record of 376 candidates was reached in 2016.

Neither the names of nominators nor of nominees for the Nobel Peace Prize may be divulged until 50 years have elapsed.

Thought I had never heard a of such a nomination and I guess that explains why...

Yes but the competition is stiff - look who else is on the list. :oops:

"The nomination ranks Musk among prominent activists vying for this year's Peace Prize.

Nominees include British environmentalist David Attenborough, Australian activist Julian Assange, Pope Francis, UN chief António Guterres, Palestinian journalist Hind Khoudary, NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg, Colombian president Gustavo Petro and former US president Donald Trump."

Yes but the competition is stiff - look who else is on the list. :oops:

"The nomination ranks Musk among prominent activists vying for this year's Peace Prize.

Nominees include British environmentalist David Attenborough, Australian activist Julian Assange, Pope Francis, UN chief António Guterres, Palestinian journalist Hind Khoudary, NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg, Colombian president Gustavo Petro and former US president Donald Trump."

Yeah, though - how many of them are Entrepreneurs? Engineers?

No one said otherwise. You’ve said your short term SP movement peace. Please add to the long term SP movement here.
You say that but whenever I open this thread on a -5% day half of the posts are whines regarding (short term) SP movement.
On +5% days many of the posts are battle cries for ATH, 2damoon, etc. Very short term minded and not grounded at all.

It's been a while since I saw proper valuation discussions around here, that is why I rarely engage in this thread anymore.

You are one of the few exceptions and that's why I appreciate your posts: eyes on the ball (long term Tesla mission), ignoring the noise. But even you can see many here are not as stoic.

You say that but whenever I open this thread on a -5% day half of the posts are whines regarding (short term) SP movement.
On +5% days many of the posts are battle cries for ATH, 2damoon, etc. Very short term minded and not grounded at all.

It's been a while since I saw proper valuation discussions around here, that is why I rarely engage in this thread anymore.

You are one of the few exceptions and that's why I appreciate your posts: eyes on the ball (long term Tesla mission), ignoring the noise. But even you can see many here are not as stoic.
I don’t understand how half the SP posts are whining. In spite of all these great advances e.g. FSD, bots, dojo and record breaking production and sales we are still way down. But then none of the supposed achievements make $. I look at my statements. The numbers don’t lie.

The incomprehensible thing to me is the sheer number of people with engineering training who work as building contractors, architects etc who are clueless about solar and wind, battery storage and even heat pumps.

Like the Civil Engineer I met (P.Eng) who didn't know that the production of every ton of cement emits 900 kg of CO2?

"Cement is the most widely-used substance on Earth after water. When mixed with water, it forms concrete that becomes the backbone of buildings, roads, dams and bridges. But the cement industry is responsible for about 8% of planet-warming carbon dioxide emissions — far more than global carbon emissions from aviation."​

Did not come up during her professional education, not in her course materials. Industry loves to pretend carbon emissions are free, thus feel free to ignore them (externalized costs).

Wow

There is probably a 100.000 persons in the world that can nominate anyone for the peace prize.

I could probably get someone to nominate me. It's almost weird if you are wellknown and nobody nominates you.

Number 5. is a lot of people worldwide.

Qualified nominators​

A nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize is only considered valid if submitted by a person who meets certain criteria.​

According to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories, a personal application for an award will not be considered:

1. Members of national assemblies and national governments (cabinet members/ministers) of sovereign states as well as current heads of state
  2. Members of The International Court of Justice in The Hague and The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
  3. Members of l’Institut de Droit International
  4. Members of the International Board of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
  5. University professors, professors emeriti and associate professors of history, social sciences, law, philosophy, theology, and religion; university rectors and university directors (or their equivalents); directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes
  6. Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  7. Members of the main board of directors or its equivalent of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
  8. Current and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (proposals by current members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after 1 February)
  9. Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee

I don’t understand how half the SP posts are whining. In spite of all these great advances e.g. FSD, bots, dojo and record breaking production and sales we are still way down. But then none of the supposed achievements make $. I look at my statements. The numbers don’t lie.
Dont we all have decades long outlook? Why even look at the SP everyday?

I said the same thing @jeewee3000 just did a couple months back, with (much) less tact. The problem seems to be a few people are much more concerned with short term movement than they are willing to admit. I'm a firm believer in admitting you have a problem. I also have an itch when some even perform pseudo chart reading like one eyed men, but I'll try to keep that itch under control.

Last edited:
If I squint at the Keeling Curve I see slight downward concavity from about 2020. Are we seeing the start of the solar/wind/storage/EV/heat-pump effect? 🤞

No, you're seeing "covid". Just like Angelinos could see the Santa Monica mountains for a few months while L.A. freeways were empty. Global aviation and shipping also slumped.

BTW, the Mauna Loa C02 monitoring program (begun in 1963) was defunded by Congress about 2020. The University who runs the station had to scramble for alternate funding for ongoing measurements (which certain groups would prefer discontinued).

There was a reason I responded to dl - not relevant I go into details.

I don’t disagree with your general observations. ‘We’ are an emotional bunch of squirrels. ‘I’ on the other hand (or leg) -

IMG_0693.jpeg

Edited to make The Moon guy happy.

Last edited: