Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Model S Alpha Workshop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
PHOTOS: Inside Tesla’s Model S Alpha Workshop - gigaom.com

teslaalphatourjb4.jpg

teslaalphatourpowerelectronics3.jpg

Yes I think it is item #11 from your chart. I'm just referring to the fact that on the inside-facing portion of that disk is says "TESLA" on it.

They are being "cute" on the prototypes. That might not make it into production. Obviously it is in a location where only service techs are likely to see it.
Sort of an "Easter egg" I guess. It does point out that those particular stampings are custom for Tesla.

Anyone else notice the "VIN #X" labels on the racks in the background?

As for the front bumper pics -- looks like 3 radiators? The two side portions have fans and the center portion looks like it might even close off the inside to block airflow when appropriate? (Some other auto manufacturer's TV commercial just mentioned it'll do that in order to decrease drag -- don't remember which one)

I love seeing this stuff! Thanks for posting, Doug!

Really cool indeed! To bad there isn't any Exif data with GPS coördinates in the pictures, hehe :(

Also, those "stock" rims look pretty nice as well, I'll probably go for the other rims, but those aren't bad.