Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v doesnt stay powered for ecooler even with sentry mode on.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also having this problem. I use a 350w/h Anker battery as a buffer. Now that the warm weather is here I started noticing that the battery is not charging when I leave the car. This worked flawlessly in my old Raven MX with Sentry Mode on but sadly it no longer works.

Whats the best way to file a bug report for something like this?

Reactions: ArchHamster
I am also having this problem. I use a 350w/h Anker battery as a buffer. Now that the warm weather is here I started noticing that the battery is not charging when I leave the car. This worked flawlessly in my old Raven MX with Sentry Mode on but sadly it no longer works.

Update on this: Looks like the USB-C ports remain active when leaving the car with Sentry Mode enabled. If your power station can charge via USB then this solves the problem.

Reactions: mspohr
It is not a bug, that is the way it is supposed to work. Sentry Mode keeps the USB ports alive (think USB stick mounted for recordings). The only way to keep the 12V outlets alive, is setting Camp Mode (Dog Mode is not enough). But beware, when the vehicle is in Camp Mode, you must manually lock the doors, if you want it locked.

Reactions: Tz00 and mspohr
It is not a bug, that is the way it is supposed to work. Sentry Mode keeps the USB ports alive (think USB stick mounted for recordings). The only way to keep the 12V outlets alive, is setting Camp Mode (Dog Mode is not enough). But beware, when the vehicle is in Camp Mode, you must manually lock the doors, if you want it locked.
According to the user manual power should be available at the low voltage power socket whenever the vehicle is considered "awake". That was also the behavior in my previous MX.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Following closely as I went through the Same issue with my 2021 X. Spent weeks trying to solve this problem and multiple trips to the service center. In the end I was told this was an error in the manual despite older cars having this feature. Really want this too work
It is unlikely to work on older cars as well, unless they are running old software. The change occurred when Camp Mode was added.

There is a connector on the left side of the driver's foot well, for the connection of a trailer brake controller. That connector has always-on 16V available. Tesla used to provide a pigtail with a mating connector, with the car, but no longer. It should be available from your Service Center. I used it on my 2018, but do not have the same need on my 2022. So I've never gone on the hunt for it. Search here for "brake controller"