Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But if it enters production end of next week, it will be done first week of March. Only 7 days to deliver to the east coast for mid March delivery?

If it comes by truck the answer is yes. By train, not so much.
I just went into transit today and the Connecticut pick up is now between seven days away, 23rd of Feb on to the other end which is March 2 or 15 days out.

Very cool. Let me know if you find out more info from our DS. He has been very closed-mouth with me. Even with the updated delivery timeline on the website he emailed me with a delivery window of "late Feb/early March."

We talked yesterday morning, he gave me a call after I texted him. At that time, however, he did not know the mode of transport my S was going to travel upon. (Enclosed Truck or Train). He told me he would contact me as he learned more.

However, as an aside, I just received an email from Peter C who is the head of Sales in Mt. Kisco and he heard I was in transit and wished me well. He indicated he would come down to Milford for the delivery.

You let me know as you hear more too. Beginning next Tuesday, I will drop by the Milford SC each day to see what is shaking. Perhaps I can find out via shipment advices, when my car will arrive. Some times the shippers let the SC know they are coming one day in advance. (or so I have been told).

Delivered today at 10am EST! This is such a great car and amazing experience!

Tesla no plates.jpg

PS: Will post more pictures later, have to do so many things today...

I placed my order on Jan 18th, and the order was confirmed on Jan 25th, and since then my status has shown:

Order Confirmed
Your Model S has been confirmed and is scheduled for production.

My estimated delivery shows March - Early April.

Based on reports and experiences by others, when do you think I will be taking delivery?

I placed my order on Jan 18th, and the order was confirmed on Jan 25th, and since then my status has shown:

Order Confirmed
Your Model S has been confirmed and is scheduled for production.

My estimated delivery shows March - Early April.

Based on reports and experiences by others, when do you think I will be taking delivery?

where are u located in the US? You can always call ur DS to ask when your car is scheduled for production.

I am located outside of NYC. When I placed my order, Tesla said my car would be ready in early to mid march. Most recently, my DS said he thought delivery would be mid march to early april but would have a better idea on timing once my car enters production.

I am located outside of NYC. When I placed my order, Tesla said my car would be ready in early to mid march. Most recently, my DS said he thought delivery would be mid march to early april but would have a better idea on timing once my car enters production.

Hi eric777:
Welcome aboard! I see by the few number of posts that you are a newbie here on TMC? Congrats on your order. There is a very strong chance your car will be ready by early to mid March if production starts soon. The production line is moving quickly, with cars in the queue taking 4 to 8 days recently. Transportation at the end of a quarter to the East Coast can take only 7 days if Tesla puts the car in an enclosed car trailer and sends it East. I can say this because I study the data in our TMC order google spreadsheets.

Here on TMC there is a STICKY thread usually at the top of the Model S Orders Sub-Forum called STICKY: MODEL S DELIVERY UPDATE. LINK--> Model S Delivery Update
If you go to that thread in the second reply, there are LINKS to the master Forum google spread sheets which are organized by quarter....
All historical voluntary order data is stored in quarterly sheets as far back as Q1 2014...

Current Model S orders are being entered by TMC'ers like yourself in the 2016 JAN-FEB-MAR spreadsheet.
You may want to avail yourself to the data therein... you can sort the columns.... and it would be helpful for those who order their Model S to enter their data.
This effort has been a long time project here on TMC.

Best wishes.

As an aside, custom car orders take time. I have had quite a few custom configured cars built for me (not off the lot) and waits of 3 to 6 months can happen. With virtually no
status update. Tesla at least shows you your progression as it happens. For better or worse.

Lastly, if there is anything else I can help you with please Private Message Me.... if you click on my name in this post you can see the PM function.

Last edited:
Well, my status has changed. Instead of "Your Model S has been confirmed and is scheduled for production," it now says "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue."
For a few seconds, when I first saw the change, I was thinking I was finally in production. Then I realized it says the same thing it did before, just in a different way. :-(

They've also added a section about how many days are left for the current referral program.

Well, my status has changed. Instead of "Your Model S has been confirmed and is scheduled for production," it now says "Your Tesla has entered the factory production queue."
For a few seconds, when I first saw the change, I was thinking I was finally in production. Then I realized it says the same thing it did before, just in a different way. :-(

They've also added a section about how many days are left for the current referral program.

Yeah this threw me for a loop today, too.

I noticed the MyTesla website has changed as of this AM, My VIN has changed from the full VIN to now just the last 6 of the VIN and there is a pointer to a Order Process series of web pages that shows the steps of ordering and delivery.

Lastly the service plans link has the new higher prices reflected in the purchase program.

Last edited:
I noticed the MyTesla website has changed as of this AM, My VIN has changed from the full VIN to now just the last 6 of the VIN and there is a pointer to a Order Process series of web pages that shows the steps of ordering and delivery.

Lastly the service plans link has the new higher prices reflected in the purchase program.

The same thing happened to my page. It changed to "In Production" 2 days ago.

I called my DES today, and they said that the late March-early April deadline is unlikely, and that barring any issues, my car should be at the Devon SC in early March! It's nearly time...