Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Electrek Video: Elon promises FSD For three minutes straight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well technology for reusable rockets and vertical landings dates back to the 1980s and 90s, successful commercialization is a different story. But it had been done before.

Full autonomy has never been done before.
It’s not about having done before or not. It’s about likely success rate.

Starting a rocket company and a EV only company with all your money takes a different kind of optimism and mindset.

Mortals like you and I, would never do that.

Reactions: NoGasNoBrakes
It’s not about having done before or not. It’s about likely success rate.

Starting a rocket company and a EV only company with all your money takes a different kind of optimism and mindset.

Mortals like you and I, would never do that.
I'll check out your thread, thanks for that!

I'd say that Elon definitely has a very rare combination of extreme aptitude and some other factors, like parents who leaned into and supported his interests and all that good stuff.

I'd say that Elon definitely has a very rare combination of extreme aptitude and some other factors, like parents who leaned into and supported his interests and all that good stuff.
Wait - you don’t know his story?

His father was an abusive guy and his mother ran away from with kids and lived in rent controlled apartments in NY trying to make ends meet.

Wait - you don’t know his story?

His father was an abusive guy and his mother ran away from with kids and lived in rent controlled apartments in NY trying to make ends meet.
I don't know that aspect of it no, that's crazy. But I recall reading that his mother was a model, his father was a businessman, and his family was extremely wealthy in his youth.