Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 P3D+ RED/White 5,800 miles Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sunshine State

Automotive Enthusiast
Jul 13, 2017
Florida
A week ago I was very happy with my Teslas because they are all low miles and immaculate but as of today I’ve got two new Teslas on order. My plan is to trade two of my cars on the new cars or sell one or both outright.
My Performance 3+ was ordered and delivered fresh off the line in Sept 2019 so it is HW3 (has the new sound generators, could be unplugged but it’s the newest build). It still has the auto dim side mirrors. I just decided to post this today and I’m having trouble with this site uploading pictures but I will add some later tonight but if someone is seriously interested my cars are immaculate, garaged, washed every few days and vacuumed daily. This car has never been fully charged or run down below 35/40 percent so I’m sure the battery is still like new. The red and white color combo added to the cost but it is stunning with the silver 20" wheels (matches my Performance S). Again I’m having trouble uploading photos but will get more and if you want some just pm me and I’ll send a Google photo album link. I’d like get $52k but I’ll see what offers I get and I will still need to get more than the trade value to Tesla.

Reactions: Xolt
D1A08788-0CC8-4C17-91FA-6B3A2594C886.jpeg
A2F50DDB-5348-47A8-8C84-961D744ED920.jpeg
168ED35E-7250-47AC-B474-501A4515869C.jpeg

• Love
It must be a poor sales tactic to offer a car for sale and share what I’m getting on trade. I have had a few low ball offers in the high 40’s even after sharing my trade in information. There is no incentive to sell it for less than my current Tesla trade in price plus the 6% tax savings from trading. I’m offering it at a minimum of that all in trade price but not less. This is an 8 month old 5,000 mile immaculate Performance 3 with Red and White interior, HW3, AP, FSD is available but not included. I also have a new FSD Performance S and this AP car, I have just ordered two new S’s, both with regular AP because in my opinion regular AP does 100 percent of what autopilot can do competently so I believe paying anything additional above the included AP price is mostly just a gratuity to Tesla. Anyone with a newer AP car and FSD car should agree

• Love
Reactions: ra88it
It must be a poor sales tactic to offer a car for sale and share what I’m getting on trade. I have had a few low ball offers in the high 40’s even after sharing my trade in information. There is no incentive to sell it for less than my current Tesla trade in price plus the 6% tax savings from trading. I’m offering it at a minimum of that all in trade price but not less. This is an 8 month old 5,000 mile immaculate Performance 3 with Red and White interior, HW3, AP, FSD is available but not included. I also have a new FSD Performance S and this AP car, I have just ordered two new S’s, both with regular AP because in my opinion regular AP does 100 percent of what autopilot can do competently so I believe paying anything additional above the included AP price is mostly just a gratuity to Tesla. Anyone with a newer AP car and FSD car should agree

in my opinion, tesla is overpaying for <1 year old cars, not sure why but most of the numbers ive seen people get for trade in, it would not hold on the used market. you're probably better off trading it in.

in my opinion, tesla is overpaying for <1 year old cars, not sure why but most of the numbers ive seen people get for trade in, it would not hold on the used market. you're probably better off trading it in.
I’ve already accepted the trade offer but can always pay in cash but I thought I’d pay it forward by offering an 8 month old car for $9000 off. People want the same money for 2018’s with well over 10k miles, even the Performance 3’s without the Performance upgrades are as much as my full Performance Model 3. Heck I’ve even seen people complimenting 2018 AWD 3’s as being priced right for the same money.
Miles 5,812
Location Florida
Price $52,500

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MikeInFL and Xolt
Wait till CoVID19 blows over, your price is fantastic. You will do better later if you don’t mind waiting.

Bad advice. There is depreciation with time decay. Aside Tesla, Demand is dropping, leases flooding in back, Unsold inventories on dealers lot, 60 months financing at 0%, and Mannheim auction/wholesale prices dropped 15%. Have you noticed ? the flood of used Tesla M3s flooding in the market in the past 60 days (not only here).

There is a saying in stock trading, dont hold and cut your loses.

Last edited:
Bad advice. There is depreciation with time decay. Aside Tesla, Demand is dropping, leases flooding in back, Unsold inventories on dealers lot, 60 months financing at 0%, and Mannheim auction/wholesale prices dropped 15%. Have you noticed ? the flood of used Tesla M3s flooding in the market in the past 60 days (not only here).

Thanks for you advice and I will not say you don’t know what you are talking about but in this case that goes without saying. You asked if I noticed the flood of Model 3’s? Here is the entire market report of 2019 Model 3 Performance cars that went through Manheim in the last 6 months. Only 3 P3’s, not what I would say is a flood, more likely what I would call a lack of Performance Model 3’s going through Manheim. This is one of my private cars but I also own an auto dealership so I may have some knowledge as far as market trends and the current Tesla prices already have low panic numbers baked in.
62F32F3A-2CE6-4DD6-9D74-F472DC8C2080.jpeg

• Love
Bad advice. There is depreciation with time decay. Aside Tesla, Demand is dropping, leases f ....

Did you overlook my "Aside" comment ? I was speaking about in general terms.

More pain in the used car market:

Used-Car Prices Cratered. Here’s What That Means for the Auto Universe.

The Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index—a key benchmark for industry pricing—has declined about 11% compared with March and is down roughly 10% year over year. The last time the Index dropped a similar magnitude was, unsurprisingly, during the 2008-09 financial crisis.

I will be watching! GLWS

Last edited: