Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Advice on when to sell and why on use ie carvana ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3.

I am hating it. I can’t get used to the constant charging, negotiating my next my next moves contingent on when and where I can charge, and the pressure of that. I just spent 18$ for 44w at a supercharger on Long Island. I can charge at home using high gauge extension cord hooked up to dryer outlet. That’s a pain in the ass but I am reluctant to put in a wall charger.

I am also dealing with the rims that have a dent for the second time. Driven on. Penal roads. No pot holes.

I put 10k down. Rest is financed. Any advice on when I should try to sell. The car will have high mileage. I drive a lot. Thanks in advance.

You sell when you dont want it anymore. There isnt any reason to drive a car you "hate". Once the refresh (highland) comes out, these will depreciate even more, so if you are asking "when do I sell to not lose a bunch of money selling a car I just bought?" the answer is you dont, you sell and eat the loss, and buy something you want to drive, thats what money is for".

Reactions: Thp3
Upvote 0
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3. I am hating it.

Anytime you want.
It's a free country!

I put 10k down. Rest is financed. Any advice on when I should try to sell. The car will have high mileage. I drive a lot. Thanks in advance.

You will take a bath on flipping a less than 1 year old car.
Prepare to write-off anywhere from 25-50% of the purchase price.
The longer you wait, the less you will get for it.

Reactions: rpiotro
Upvote 0
Hi. Looking for advice on when to sell my 2023 performance 3.

I am hating it. I can’t get used to the constant charging, negotiating my next my next moves contingent on when and where I can charge, and the pressure of that. I just spent 18$ for 44w at a supercharger on Long Island. I can charge at home using high gauge extension cord hooked up to dryer outlet. That’s a pain in the ass but I am reluctant to put in a wall charger.

I am also dealing with the rims that have a dent for the second time. Driven on. Penal roads. No pot holes.

You have rubber bands for tires and are unhappy driving on roads in the northeast?

Upvote 0