Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another perfect Model X delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to report another perfectly delivered Model X!

Its so stunning and perfect. Extremely pleased. The delivery process went very quick.

Kudos to the delivery and Tesla Vancouver team. I felt like a rock star today. The whole store was so excited and made this very special for me. A childhood dream is finally a reality.

Oh and finally my plate matches the right Tesla. ;)

IMG_0894.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG

Reactions: Paul Carter
Good to see so many posts like this.

I picked my X up a couple weeks ago at the Fremont plant. Like yours, it was perfect.

They spend a lot of time with us, going over many on the more important features, and explaining that while the learning curve on them is steep, that it is is also relatively quick.

Driving home to San Diego was a relevation. So many of the things I was worried about quickly became non issues. Driving the X is just like driving any other SUV. You have great vision from the higher riding height. The car rides quietly, smoothly, and handles well both around town and on the highway.

I was worried how to figure out how often to stop and how long to remain plugged in. The Tesla app handles all that. I was shown on the display which superchargers to stop at and for how long. When enough charge was obtained (15 minutes) my phone alerted me that the car was charged enough to make it to the next stop with the reserve I had requested. It also notified me when the car had become fully charged, and no longer needed to be plugged in. We were having a nice meal, and enjoyed to chance to speak a bit to each other about our trip and found it to be a very civilized way to travel.

We realized that the Tesla was educating us on it's ways. Like it was communicating with us and indicating when it was ready to go, but not telling us when to go. The app lets us know exactly where it is parked, it's state of charge, and even the interior temperature in case we want to adjust it a bit while it is charging up.

In all ways the X was better than we had expected, especially after reading all the negative stuff on the forums.

First impressions, now with over 1,800 miles on it, is that it is a spectacular road car. The stereo is above par, the interior space (5 seater) is superior to our previous Grand Cherokee, the dog loves riding in the way-back and is much more relaxed, the storage cubbies in the frunk and hidden rear compartment work out great, the heat and AC do well, and are pretty quiet, the standard air filter seems to remove lots of smells and all dust, the brakes (both regeneration and steel) are smooth, powerful and quiet. The large vista windshield is remarkable in making the interior feel even more spacious. The center console is both beautiful and well though out. Most all size drinks fit well with the adjustable cup holders. We did not use the arm wrest cup holders, but like the idea of having the extra capacity.

Plugging the car in every night is becoming second nature, and we enjoy waking up every morning to a freshly charged car. Nobody wants to take our Mercedes anymore, especially if it entails a trip to the gas station. It pretty much just sits there getting dusty.

A surprising bonus was discovered today when we went to a friends house, and took a shortcut down a little used dirt road with ruts and stutter bumps. The all wheel electric drive again was far superior to our Jeeps. It took the bumps smoother and did not skitter around over the stutter bumps as did our Jeep. If felt so secure and sure footed that we both commented that it was a far better off roader than we could ever have suspected.

While we fully expect to see some complications down the road, with this new generation of electric transportation, our initial experience has been over the moon.

Happy to report another perfectly delivered Model X!

Its so stunning and perfect. Extremely pleased. The delivery process went very quick.

Kudos to the delivery and Tesla Vancouver team. I felt like a rock star today. The whole store was so excited and made this very special for me. A childhood dream is finally a reality.

Oh and finally my plate matches the right Tesla. ;)

View attachment 217295 View attachment 217296 View attachment 217297

Looks absolutely stunning, happy to hear of another Model X in Vancouver as I'm always watching for them and don't see too many yet. I've done clear bra on a couple so far and have a deep desire to just open the rear doors, take pictures and stare, then get no work done for periods of time! That sign is the icing on the cake, to what I'll gather was an exciting day. In addition, good job everyone at Tesla Vancouver as well.

If all goes as planned in the coming year or two, I'll purchase a Tesla as a loaner vehicle. Would like to help promote the Tesla brand with those who've yet to experience the thrill of driving such an outstanding designed vehicle.

Reactions: Paul Carter
Congrats Paul! That's a nice looking X. Too bad I changed my order to a X100D from a P100D, otherwise I would have had it delivered this past weekend in Vancouver as well. Hopefully the snow doesn't stick around this week so you can enjoy your new X.
Thanks. I'm not afraid of no snow. ;) Been going all around town this morning. Stanley park was kinda cool today.

And out again shortly to run a few more chores. :) must find more excuses for more chores to do now... ha!

IMG_0925.JPG
IMG_0923.JPG

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Ah, just missed seeing you there by a day! I was there on Friday picking up Scarlett, my P100D, after getting her fractured windshield replaced (stone strike on the Tofino road).
Ouch. Glad all is well for you now. Can't wait to do a storm watch in Tofino next winter!

I'm so happy for you, @Paul Carter! It's been a long journey, glad to see you rewarded with the exact configuration that you wanted. :)
Thanks. And now a new journey has just begun... the adventures to be had... endless.... Xcited!!! See you soon. I smell a Portland trip coming very soon.

Reactions: Vger and bonnie
Watch out for all those potholes around Stanley Park. Was at the aquarium with my kids a couple weeks back and the potholes around the seawall are horrendous right now...be careful with those 22's. Are you planning on a 2nd set of tires/wheels for next winter?

Just noticed my ETA has been moved up from April/May to March13-27...hopefully get it delivered on my b-day the 25th . My X has been in production since Feb 14th and was caught in the factory retool, but I'll probably be one of the 1st to get a X100D in Vancouver. Time to give Autowerkes a call to get an appointment for C Quartz Finest and paint protection film.

Congrats, Paul! Look forward to seeing her in person one day. Did you happen to see a pearl white/white X there in prep? :)
There's so many, isn't that yours in my photo of the back on mine during delivery? ;)

Congratulations, that was along wait!
All forgotten. :)

Watch out for all those potholes around Stanley Park. Was at the aquarium with my kids a couple weeks back and the potholes around the seawall are horrendous right now...be careful with those 22's. Are you planning on a 2nd set of tires/wheels for next winter?...
My car was ordered with 20s. But I got a set of 22s from the referral program. They arrived just in time for delivery so I had them put them on already (thinking ah, I'm so done with this Vancouver winter). And now the snow today! Wow.

I do drive the seawall on occasion and kinda know where to watch out, but looks like they recently fixed a few now. But yes, I've seen some big pot holes! Been taking it easy and mostly city driving speeds.

I got my car on Monday as well in Vancouver, but there were deficiencies. The car's paint was also not detailed well as it had scratches in the clear coat. I admit I'm picky though.

What are your thoughts on the car so far?
I don't want to hear that. I'm picky about paint too and was on the fence about not letting them detail (I will unwrap it) but because it's coming home to the middle of a cold-snap and fresh snow storm I won't be able to detail it myself. Hopefully the paint isn't too bad...

I got my car on Monday as well in Vancouver, but there were deficiencies. The car's paint was also not detailed well as it had scratches in the clear coat. I admit I'm picky though.

What are your thoughts on the car so far?
Sorry to hear. Are you thinking of doing any paint protection? Paint correction before it can fix most of that or I would ask service to address it at least.

I only had a day and a bit with it so far. It's at the detailer for a front bumper, headlights and hood clear wrap and getting a ceramic coating. Hopefully it'll be ready for pickup soon. I'm already missing it.

I don't want to hear that. I'm picky about paint too and was on the fence about not letting them detail (I will unwrap it) but because it's coming home to the middle of a cold-snap and fresh snow storm I won't be able to detail it myself. Hopefully the paint isn't too bad...
Fingers crossed for me. Mine was really good. And there was barely dust on it when I inspected it.

Reactions: avesraggiana