Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use Ruffino wheels ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting my M3 soon and I’ll need winter tires and wheels preferably. A local guy here in MTL is selling a lightly used set of Ruffino 18” wheels with Michelin X ice tires at a good price. Anyone know anything about Ruffino wheels ? They’re imported through a local company. He’s asking $1400 for the set.
CE602069-D066-4327-9783-7A930D377224.png

Hey there. If you intend to run them with connectivity for TPMS and depending on the year of the seller’s M3, you may need to consider getting the new Bluetooth Tesla sensors. You’ll be looking at $400 + taxes. This could put you closer to >$2,000. I bought my replica wheels with new Pirelli Sottozero 3’s and BT TPMS, all in for around $2,300.

Attachments

• 8BCA88E9-F3B0-433F-BB03-25478070206D.jpeg
    8BCA88E9-F3B0-433F-BB03-25478070206D.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 308
Thanks for the input. Most important for someone in Montreal is terrible roads and potholes between seasons. Dented wheels are a big issue so I just want to make sure it’s a strong wheel. Are there differences ? I’ve seen a lot of Tesla replicas locally……..can they be trusted ?

Thanks for the input. Most important for someone in Montreal is terrible roads and potholes between seasons. Dented wheels are a big issue so I just want to make sure it’s a strong wheel. Are there differences ? I’ve seen a lot of Tesla replicas locally……..can they be trusted ?
I’m a Montreal expat. Believe me that Toronto is becoming almost as bad as Montreal with regards to potholes. I’ve seen forged after market rims get dented here. Fortunately there are now specialty places that fix them. I bought my replica kit from a reputable tire shop. I somehow think that Tesla’s are probably no better.

Been using Ruffino wheels for winters since 2017 on my MX 2017 75D.
F: 265/50/19 R: 265/50/19
Tire: Toyo Observe G3-ice
Bought them from a local shop called Wheelsco.

Haven't had any problems, though keep in mind I live in Vaughan Ontario and the daily commute to work is 20 KM there and back. We don't go on road trips much during the winters but we've made round trips trips from Vaughan to Belleville and also Vaughan to Huntsville as they were the farthest trips we've taken during the winters. Our road conditions around the area is pretty good so I wouldn't compare it to Montreal as you had mentioned.
Good luck.