Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very weird question, I know. But for those who have had the recall done for the middle child seat anchor…

Today I finally got round to going to the service centre and having this recall over and done with (my lease company were chasing me to do it) and had the new shelf fitted, all good, easy as, took an hour.

When I went to collect the car I noticed the passenger sun visor was down, which I thought was a bit weird, but paid no attention to it. On the way home I flicked it back up and noticed, for the first time, the huge, horrible, warning sticker to remind people not to smash their kids brains in with the airbag. Now, I fully appreciate this sticker is required by Australian law, but I am pretty certain this sticker did not exist in my car until today.

However, I am so inattentive sometimes, I cannot remember for the life of me if it was or not. I am sure it wasn’t though, and so weird that the sunvisor was down - kinda makes me think as well as the parcel shelf they also added the stickers.

Can anyone help me remember whether it was already there or did those sneaky barstiards at the Tesla showroom add it today?

Cheers

Reactions: dronus
A very weird question, I know. But for those who have had the recall done for the middle child seat anchor…

Today I finally got round to going to the service centre and having this recall over and done with (my lease company were chasing me to do it) and had the new shelf fitted, all good, easy as, took an hour.

When I went to collect the car I noticed the passenger sun visor was down, which I thought was a bit weird, but paid no attention to it. On the way home I flicked it back up and noticed, for the first time, the huge, horrible, warning sticker to remind people not to smash their kids brains in with the airbag. Now, I fully appreciate this sticker is required by Australian law, but I am pretty certain this sticker did not exist in my car until today.

However, I am so inattentive sometimes, I cannot remember for the life of me if it was or not. I am sure it wasn’t though, and so weird that the sunvisor was down - kinda makes me think as well as the parcel shelf they also added the stickers.

Can anyone help me remember whether it was already there or did those sneaky barstiards at the Tesla showroom add it today?

Cheers
This one? Ohh my door is open in that pic so dont look at the light strip haha

IMG_9573.jpeg

Reactions: Murphster
Yep ohh there is, ive never noticed that

View attachment 1025489
lol, cheers. That’s what I am trying to work out. Was it always there? So weird I only noticed today driving back from the service centre. Makes me think it wasn’t.

If it wasn’t there before I would be so pissed off that they did it without telling me, kinda feels like vandalism tbh. The car isn’t their property anymore to deface.

But, maybe it always was and I am just a dick for not noticing. Hopefully someone who got an early delivery and subsequent recall can confirm…

Cheers

Reactions: dronus
lol, cheers. That’s what I am trying to work out. Was it always there? So weird I only noticed today driving back from the service centre. Makes me think it wasn’t.

If it wasn’t there before I would be so pissed off that they did it without telling me, kinda feels like vandalism tbh. The car isn’t their property anymore to deface.

But, maybe it always was and I am just a dick for not noticing. Hopefully someone who got an early delivery and subsequent recall can confirm…

Cheers
Id say it was slways there. Maybe they have a checklist to go thru to make sure all the warning stuff is there as oart of the recall and they just didnt put it up. I swear i didnt have it either until u asked me to check the other side!
If it wasnt there drive website would have doubled their click revenue with more recall drama

Reactions: Murphster
Curious to see if any one else has this screw loose..

Passenger side behind rear light assembly.

I just washed the car and noticed this while drying under there.

Not a big deal, just curious. Nipped it back up with a shifter

IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9579.jpeg

Note to Tesla, add a dirty big picture warning of the dangers of doing back and neck trying to take photos of the other warning picture.
Now that we have a easily accessible centre tether point in the rear seat, do we need the warning for the front seat?

Shirley people don't put kids in child seats in the front seat? Thought this next generation would be a bit more precious than that?

I mean, back in my day (here we go) there were 4 of us in the back seat of a morris minor with no seatbelts and i ended up ok... (Debatable)..

I think you'd be suprised. There'll always be one.
Agreed. I've had that same sticker on a few cars I've owned, and every time I've felt the inclination to rip it off because it's ugly, I've refrained just in case I subsequently sell the car to an idiot.

Their infant doesn't deserve to be injured/killed just because their parent is an idiot and I wanted my car to look pretty.

And even that's a bit mean - you don't even need to be an idiot to make the mistake of putting a capsule in the front seat and forget to disable the front airbag - just naive to the danger. "I'm only going to the supermarket, I'm sure it'll be fine"...

Has anyone seen a solution for a UMC cable stand? Currently when the car is unplugged the cable sits on the floor and home gym.
I am looking for a standalone (not wall mounted) cable holder I can have next to my power point, ideally not taking up much floor space. Was even looking at garden hose holders, but they look to be staked into the lawn...