Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but Tesla has a proven history of building and delivering cars that work. ESE and carbon fiber rims -- no history whatsoever.

It's easy to conflate hindsight with foresight.

Companies get financing from various entities all the time based on promise of a product. That financing is typically not binary, it comes on the sliding scale of blind faith<-->measured reason.

Tesla often over promises and underdelivers. ESE has does the same (which, at least for me, was the obvious outcome), just farther down the scale of failure<-->success.

Finally gave up and am looking at the DYMAG hybrids:

Carbon fiber barrel and forged aluminum spokes. Waiting to get specs on weigh, etc...

W1.jpg

_A3S4547.jpg

Sale Price: $2,338.20 for rotors kit, $4620 for wheels from clicking on the links I posted. Shop locally and you can easily beat Carid.
What did you configure? I got my wheels a little cheaper but had to add California tax and had my tires swapped over. Total well under $8K for staggered rims 1/2" wider than stock and 2 piece rotors.

Did you add tires?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tech_Guy
i like the idea of the lighter rotors, but four rotors, some pads and stainless lines and some Motul shouldn't cost $2400!!!. What are these made out of? Unobtainium?
I can get a full racing brake kit for my Miata for $2K with all new six piston calibers and slotted rotors.
MossMiata.com - Parts & Accessories for Your Mazda Miata

Could you post a link to a four slotted rotor kit, 2 piece rotors (aluminum hats) and stainless lines? That way we can compare similar items? The calipers on the performance model S are high quality Brembo and do not need to be replaced. Your post did not have a four rotor kit.

Full race kit for Tesla is pricey!
RB Calipers & CCM-X Rotor Package for Tesla Model S (P/N 2C32 & 2C33)
Not worth the weight difference and they stop no better as we never get brake fade with the cheaper kit.

A closer comparison, size matters!
RB Two-piece Rotor Kit for Camaro SS (Gen 6) (P/N 2505 & 2535)

While I am at it, notice the HUGE difference in the rear rotor weight from stock to RB. As I have posted elsewhere, there is an unused drum emergency brake cast into our brake rotors. I believe we use high performance Camaro parts, but so far unable to match part numbers.

My writeup if you are interested in how easy the rotors are to swap.
Tesla 2 piece rotors Front and Rear - RacingBrake Forums

Last edited: