Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the symptoms exactly and how bad are they? What is the expected recovery time? Feeling bad is too subjective to understand. Is it a productive cough and nose and tiredness. like the flu, or worse? I have not heard specifics on the TV. I do see carts loaded with toilet paler leaving Costco.
I have no idea why people are stocking up on toilet paper. Maybe they have very active cats. I'll let the medical professionals here answer the symptoms question.

I think I might have the distinction of being the first COVID-19 positive member of TMC. My wife is a provider in Kirkland WA, and was exposed at work. She came down with symptoms Sunday evening, and I came down with almost the exact same symptoms a few hours later. We were only able to get her tested, because she is a health care worker. Normal people can not get tested unless they are bad enough to be hospitalized. Her results came in this morning and she was a "strong positive." We both are miserable, but so far our symptoms are on the mild end of the spectrum. It is very scary. Hopefully our symptoms will remain mild. We also know a number of other health workers who have been infected and had much, much worse times of it, than we have so far. This is definitely not just another flu. We are extremely afraid for ourselves, our parents, our community, and the economy.
Hope you & your wife get well soon!

Man, I don't know why the feds are trying to hide this or slow down the testing.

There's still so many months to the voting day. Ok, say they slow the testing and disclosure of cases by 1 months. There's still many months to go. Once this virus infects 70% of the population, there's nothing you can do to hide it.

Even the anticipated summer. We are still about 2 months away and in 11 days we'll be like Italy. 2 months is what? Apocalypse?
Because the guy in charge is an unstable idiot. He desperately wants to minimize the reaction in hopes it will keep the market strong.

Seems like anytime I get a notion about how things will develop, reality is faster than I thought.
It comes back to what Elon always mentions. Humans are terrible at thinking in exponential terms.

I just wanted to say that there’s no way to predict the outcome. I hope the same as you.
What we can do now is to forecast what could happen if there is no intervention. Hopefully that will propel some action and massively reduce the impact.

Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

1_4kOJv8hmd5VFPcBL1mywsw.png

I am just going to repeat the same message.

Why is it spreading slower in asian countries. What were the habits that they adapted right away? But no scientific double blind test to prove it.

Wear mask
Wash hands
Social distancing.

To verify this, watch outcome of countries that have very warm and touchy feely interactions vs those who just waves and keep a large personal space.

Countries that masked up right away vs thos that didn't.

At this point in time, since what has always been done isn't working. Why not try something else.

I am just going to repeat the same message.

Why is it spreading slower in asian countries. What were the habits that they adapted right away? But no scientific double blind test to prove it.

Wear mask
Wash hands
Social distancing.

To verify this, watch outcome of countries that have very warm and touchy feely interactions vs those who just waves and keep a large personal space.

Countries that masked up right away vs thos that didn't.

At this point in time, since what has always been done isn't working. Why not try something else.

Yep, countries like South Korea went big on masks. They encouraged mask wearing and the government went to great lengths to ensure production was increased to meet needs.

Man, I don't know why the feds are trying to hide this or slow down the testing.
Because Trump doesn't like the numbers. Completely, thoroughly irrational and self-defeating.
Trump’s visit to the CDC shows why there’s concern about his coronavirus response

“I would rather because I like the numbers being where they are,” Trump said. “I don’t need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn’t our fault. And it wasn’t the fault of the people on the ship either, okay? It wasn’t their fault either and they’re mostly Americans. So, I can live either way with it. I’d rather have them stay on, personally.”

If you listen, Trump will tell you who he is. And he is in charge.

That is not what I said.
IF you have read the article you would know that the throat swabs were taken from people who presented to the hospital who were ill.
It is nonsensical to turn that into a warning that asymptomatic people may be infectious.

I'm sorry, I just cannot tolerate play doctors in this thread spreading FUD. You are placed on ignore. My list is growing daily.

It appears that everyone who disagrees with your minimalist interpretation of the pandemic is "playing doctor" and spreading FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt). What level of concern do you think is appropriate? For example do you think that practicing social isolation, avoiding public gatherings, restricting those with fever and cough, all of which are aimed at minimizing human transmission chains, are those all over reactions?

Yep, countries like South Korea went big on masks. They encouraged mask wearing and the government went to great lengths to ensure production was increased to meet needs.

There are still ppl who comes to this thread and say "It's just a flu bro". It's an indication that still some populations are not taking it seriously. I really don't know what is required for them to change their attitude.

Let's get morbid and think about it. By the power of large numbers. Someone on this forum will die from this disease.

LET THAT SINK IN

News from Denmark
Danish PM just announced following on national TV:
  • School shutdown starting Friday. Two weeks. Maybe more...
  • Public employees are sent home - with full pay - likewise two weeks. Being one myself I expect to do remote work (job: IT consultant) but situation unclear right now as to priorities.
  • Private employers are encouraged to allow all workers to remote, if possible.
  • Core staff: health care, police, military, key government officials and personnel are off course not sent home.
  • Special procedures to care to elderly and vulnerable.
  • Most invasive public measure since WW2
  • No public assemblies above 100 persons. (And that seems likely to decrease further)
Pretty sure I am forgetting stuff, but feel free to ask questions.

There are still ppl who comes to this thread and say "It's just a flu bro". It's an indication that still some populations are not taking it seriously. I really don't know what is required for them to change their attitude.

Let's get morbid and think about it. By the power of large numbers. Someone on this forum will die from this disease.

LET THAT SINK IN
{Slinks away from forum.....}